Kubota Engine parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KarlB

After being dismayed at the cost of Bobcat parts for my Kubota engine, I decided to look into finding the Kubota part numbers. These are necessary to buy from a Kubota dealer...they don't seem to like Bobcat part numbers.
In my 743, the V1702 is also used by in Kubota L355 and L2850 tractors. Looks like the V1902 was used in a L3600. V2203 was used in a L4200 and L4350.
http://kubotabooks.com has parts manuals for many Kubota engines and tractors (tractor part manuals include all engine parts).
This won't work for anything not part of the engine. The starter and altenator may or may not swap over. But anything else on the block should be ok. Anything not directly attached to the engine will need to come from Bobcat (e.g. exhaust piping, muffler, intake piping)
Why bother? Here's some comparisons between my (Canadian) bobcat dealer and a local Kubota engine dealer.
fuel injector pump bleed valve....$30 vs. $13
injector return lines...$4.80 vs 2.97, $1.74 vs $.95, $2.16 vs $.96
injectors were $118 and glow plugs were $20 from Kubota...I can't remember the BC prices.

Hopefully this helps somebody save some $ for Kubota engine parts.
...karl

Tazza

Staff member
Karl - you are spot on there, some parts from the dealer are rather spendy, others are very good. Engine parts can be bought direct from the Kubota dealer to save quite a bit. You can even get some after market parts for Kubota engines too. Just as good, yet even cheaper.