Just repaired a 763 today = was creeping bad

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

I just bought this machine about 4 days ago. While testing it out, I noticed it was moving all on its own. After lifting the cab, I found the left side steer control was horribly loose. I took my self down to the STEALERSHIP to get two new levers that attach to the steering pumps. I also replaced the small rubber bushings in those arms, along with the other rubber bushings in the forward control lever linkages. When I was all done, I used the technique I found on this forum to properly set up the swash plate adjustment to keep the machine from creeping when turned on. I wanted to post this as a "THANK-YOU" for all of the technical expertise I've found here. Without you guys on here, I would never have gotten this machine right. For the record, this is the second machine that I've repaired in this manner. The first one is what prompted me to buy this one with complete confidence in what repair it would need. So, without taking up much more of your time, THANK YOU ALL WHO'VE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS FORUM TO MAKE IT ALL THAT IT HAS BECOME FOR ITS MEMBERS!!

Bobcatdan

As some one who learned everything he knows about fixing Bobcats from being a dealer tech, I don't take kindly to your comment.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

As some one who learned everything he knows about fixing Bobcats from being a dealer tech, I don't take kindly to your comment.
I re-read my post & did not mean to offend any tech (regardless of where they work) by saying "STEALERSHIP". I was, however, making a joke of how they charge so very much per hour because of their company name, being BOBCAT. So, with that being said, I apologize if I took anything away from you. I was merely saying "THANK YOU" to all of the guys that post on here for others to benefit from.

Tazza

Staff member
I re-read my post & did not mean to offend any tech (regardless of where they work) by saying "STEALERSHIP". I was, however, making a joke of how they charge so very much per hour because of their company name, being BOBCAT. So, with that being said, I apologize if I took anything away from you. I was merely saying "THANK YOU" to all of the guys that post on here for others to benefit from.
I had this issue on my S250, the alloy blocks must have become loose and they wore on the shafts. I started working on it on a saturday afternoon when the dealer was closed, and with me being a cheap A$$, i put them in the mill and re-cut the square part over size factoring in shim material. It worked great, still holding strong.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

I had this issue on my S250, the alloy blocks must have become loose and they wore on the shafts. I started working on it on a saturday afternoon when the dealer was closed, and with me being a cheap A$$, i put them in the mill and re-cut the square part over size factoring in shim material. It worked great, still holding strong.
Yeah it feel good to see it work so much better. I don't really like having to pay the high price of dealership parts, but I like the idea of it being fixed. I bought that machine with that issue (among other small problems) & it is almost ready for daily use again. I think the guy I got it from thought it was going to be a major repair, because he initially wanted $7500, but I got it from him for only $5650. We completely serviced it already as well. I cant wait to see it start making money for us.

Madbobcater743

Yeah it feel good to see it work so much better. I don't really like having to pay the high price of dealership parts, but I like the idea of it being fixed. I bought that machine with that issue (among other small problems) & it is almost ready for daily use again. I think the guy I got it from thought it was going to be a major repair, because he initially wanted $7500, but I got it from him for only $5650. We completely serviced it already as well. I cant wait to see it start making money for us.
The dealership in my neck of the woods Cape Cod, Ma. is real good to me. Yhea they charge a lot extra but nobody touches the warranty they give. I've shopped around. They also looked at a bunch of stuff for nothing and told me what to wait on and to persue. I appreciate that.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

The dealership in my neck of the woods Cape Cod, Ma. is real good to me. Yhea they charge a lot extra but nobody touches the warranty they give. I've shopped around. They also looked at a bunch of stuff for nothing and told me what to wait on and to persue. I appreciate that.
I almost bough another 773 today AND it had the very same sloppy loose left control / steer stick problem that this thread was started about. I ended up walking away from it because of excessive welding near the front area of the upper frame. (I just kept thinking of how many people would see that right away & either walk away or try to cut me in half when I went to sell it) That was the only the second machine that I have seen that had a ton of welding repair work done to it. I did end up buying ANOTHER 753 (year: 1996) that was in far better condition, even though it was 3 or 4 years older. It also included the backhoe front mounting brackets, too. About the only this machine has is needing a seat, a complete PM & it had a flat tire. It could probably use a complete set of tires, but not necessary to get it going. I will try to post pictures tomorrow right after I take some.