Just picked up new toy. 2005 S205 with gold Package

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtbiker245

I havent been around here in a while. Last post was with some questions for my old 743 that still is unsucessfully not REALLY working great. Regardless of that, I just broke down and got a 2005 S205 with gold package from an auction. 1500 hours so not too bad. The machine is in very good condition but has some little quarks I need to work out.
First off, Is anybody familiar with the keypad for locking the equipment? Right now its set up so it doesnt need any combination. I just push the run button and it will start but I am wondering how I go about using the keypad. Also, the auction house did not have ANY code to give me for the key pad so if I lock the machine am I screwed? Is there a way to "master reset" the combination?
Next, is anybody familiar with how to adjust the controls on this machine (should be simliar for s185 and others) because the machine has a "CREEP" if you let go of the controls.
Last thing, the machine is the AC version so has a front glass door. The Windshield wiper motor was disconnected when I bought it. I went ahead and recconnected it to find that the thing is stuck ON. it will not turn off no matter what position the switch for it is in.
Other then that, the machine is in VERY good condition. I picked it up for an amazing price on top of all the problems. Im convinced id never find a deal like it again.

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated! Thankyou!

sonicvanek

There is a master code for the machine. You will probably have to give a dealer the VIN and then they should be able to retrieve it. You can make up your own password but you first need to enter the master i believe. I'd check with your dealer.

westshore

I have an 02 773T (S185) with deluxe electronic instruments ... if your is a similar panel you should see the combo lock icon in the upper right. After pressing it you will need to enter the owner password, then you can lock the machine. You cannot lock it without that password. So I think the password will be your issue. You should have gotten an Operation Manual and an insert with factory settings (including the master password) with the machine. It's not in the pocket on the firewall behing the seat? That's where I found mine. Otherwise, you will probably need to bring the machine to a dealer where they can confirm you are the owner, or at least see you have in your posession. While this locking arrangement seems secure I always wondered if anyone figured out how to hack into the processor to reset the password (like press 2 or 3 buttons simultaneously). I think the machine would be even more secure if there were a lock on the engine compartment, so the starter and fuel shutoff could not be hot-wired.

OP
OP
D

dirtbiker245

I have an 02 773T (S185) with deluxe electronic instruments ... if your is a similar panel you should see the combo lock icon in the upper right. After pressing it you will need to enter the owner password, then you can lock the machine. You cannot lock it without that password. So I think the password will be your issue. You should have gotten an Operation Manual and an insert with factory settings (including the master password) with the machine. It's not in the pocket on the firewall behing the seat? That's where I found mine. Otherwise, you will probably need to bring the machine to a dealer where they can confirm you are the owner, or at least see you have in your posession. While this locking arrangement seems secure I always wondered if anyone figured out how to hack into the processor to reset the password (like press 2 or 3 buttons simultaneously). I think the machine would be even more secure if there were a lock on the engine compartment, so the starter and fuel shutoff could not be hot-wired.
Well, ive got the operation manual in hand but I dont see any master password listed :( I guess I'll just have to get it to the dealer sometime and have them do it. Its quite a pain though. I will keep my eyes pealed for a master password card that will miraculously fall out of somewhere in the machine. lol

Tazza

Staff member
Well, ive got the operation manual in hand but I dont see any master password listed :( I guess I'll just have to get it to the dealer sometime and have them do it. Its quite a pain though. I will keep my eyes pealed for a master password card that will miraculously fall out of somewhere in the machine. lol
They should give it to you over the phone if you give them the serial and a few other details. I'd call and see what they need from you to know its YOURS and not one you are *borrowing* permenantly :)

Iowa Dave

They should give it to you over the phone if you give them the serial and a few other details. I'd call and see what they need from you to know its YOURS and not one you are *borrowing* permenantly :)
I have never heard of a master password "card", and I've had a few new ones. Dealer always just gave master password to me. A card floating around would defeat the whole purpose....Give dealer your serial # and they can get the master password. Door keys are mostly all the same. I have 5 machines and the keys all interchange. Brilliant on Bobcat's part. A bobcat key is a Bobcat key(at least on the newer machines). Unscrew the little panel that the wiper switch is in and test the switch w a jump light--bet it is a bad switch, which would be a simple fix. Tazza doesn't like the electronics of newer machines, and I see his point. However, I like them. You can monitor the hyd flows and pressures and temps, among many other things. Really nice when using an attachment. I also like the diagnostic codes. It makes finding a problem really easy, usually. You can also give employees their own password and then trace breakdowns and code by operator to see if someone is abusing the machine. I would drain the chaincase and hyd oil. I would also service the case drain filters--I can't stress this point enough. But I guess this advice is worth precisely what it cost you. Of all Bobcats, the 205's are my favorites. Maximum power and capacity without going to a big framed-machine that won't fit in lots of places. I also like the big flotation tires, although they are an oddball size if you wreck one. The "gold" package is now called "A71" I think, but it is the only way to go. I drove a new "M" series machine last week, and it really wasn't all that much quieter than my '09 205 with sound reduction package. The 205 was discounted to the point to where it was the way to go for me vs. waiting for an "m" machine w vertical lift. I traded in June for $8500 less than the same trade was quoted about a year ago now.

Tazza

Staff member
I have never heard of a master password "card", and I've had a few new ones. Dealer always just gave master password to me. A card floating around would defeat the whole purpose....Give dealer your serial # and they can get the master password. Door keys are mostly all the same. I have 5 machines and the keys all interchange. Brilliant on Bobcat's part. A bobcat key is a Bobcat key(at least on the newer machines). Unscrew the little panel that the wiper switch is in and test the switch w a jump light--bet it is a bad switch, which would be a simple fix. Tazza doesn't like the electronics of newer machines, and I see his point. However, I like them. You can monitor the hyd flows and pressures and temps, among many other things. Really nice when using an attachment. I also like the diagnostic codes. It makes finding a problem really easy, usually. You can also give employees their own password and then trace breakdowns and code by operator to see if someone is abusing the machine. I would drain the chaincase and hyd oil. I would also service the case drain filters--I can't stress this point enough. But I guess this advice is worth precisely what it cost you. Of all Bobcats, the 205's are my favorites. Maximum power and capacity without going to a big framed-machine that won't fit in lots of places. I also like the big flotation tires, although they are an oddball size if you wreck one. The "gold" package is now called "A71" I think, but it is the only way to go. I drove a new "M" series machine last week, and it really wasn't all that much quieter than my '09 205 with sound reduction package. The 205 was discounted to the point to where it was the way to go for me vs. waiting for an "m" machine w vertical lift. I traded in June for $8500 less than the same trade was quoted about a year ago now.
The electronics are growing on me :) i now have a 753G but without the deluxe panel. I was considering the upgrade, but after i got an idea of the price, i quickly changed my mind.
I do like the idea of fault codes and it giving you a better idea of what is actually wrong instead of chasing your tail trying to figure it out.

Iowa Dave

The electronics are growing on me :) i now have a 753G but without the deluxe panel. I was considering the upgrade, but after i got an idea of the price, i quickly changed my mind.
I do like the idea of fault codes and it giving you a better idea of what is actually wrong instead of chasing your tail trying to figure it out.
753G is a great machine! That's what I traded in on my 205. Traded for three reasons; 1) cab and air 2) needed more lift capacity for many of our attachments, and needed vertical lift for augering holes 3) The discounted price. I could have gone another year or maybe even 2, but I had a good season and had the money, AND I would really NEED to trade about the time everything picks back up (I sure hope things in the general economy pick up soon) and then the great deals would be gone. My 753 was a sweetheart. 2000+ hrs and immaculate (we touch up scratches and buff the paint on rainy days and/or over the winter) with bucket positioning, suspension seat, stereo, but open rops. In all the years I had it all I ever did was a couple of drive belts, one spring loaded belt tensioner, a seal on the lift arm spool valve, and lots of paint dabbled in scratches. Change the fluids and case drain filters regularly, blow out the air filter real often, grease twice a day, store inside, and they will run and run and run. I needed a bigger machine. You will LOVE your 753G!! (Fault codes, when they rarely occur, get you back running WAY WAY sooner than without.) Also saves buying parts that you don't need when trying to eliminate things that could be the cause of a particular problem. If I was smart enough (or was willing to learn) I'd post a pic of my 753G.

Tazza

Staff member
753G is a great machine! That's what I traded in on my 205. Traded for three reasons; 1) cab and air 2) needed more lift capacity for many of our attachments, and needed vertical lift for augering holes 3) The discounted price. I could have gone another year or maybe even 2, but I had a good season and had the money, AND I would really NEED to trade about the time everything picks back up (I sure hope things in the general economy pick up soon) and then the great deals would be gone. My 753 was a sweetheart. 2000+ hrs and immaculate (we touch up scratches and buff the paint on rainy days and/or over the winter) with bucket positioning, suspension seat, stereo, but open rops. In all the years I had it all I ever did was a couple of drive belts, one spring loaded belt tensioner, a seal on the lift arm spool valve, and lots of paint dabbled in scratches. Change the fluids and case drain filters regularly, blow out the air filter real often, grease twice a day, store inside, and they will run and run and run. I needed a bigger machine. You will LOVE your 753G!! (Fault codes, when they rarely occur, get you back running WAY WAY sooner than without.) Also saves buying parts that you don't need when trying to eliminate things that could be the cause of a particular problem. If I was smart enough (or was willing to learn) I'd post a pic of my 753G.
Nice!
My 753G has just over 1,000 hours. The paint is horrible as it was used in a coal mine underground. It needs to be pulled down and sand blasted. The bucket positioning sounds like a great option, but i'd bet the price of the valve and then getting the computer programmed to operate it will add up to more than its worth.... I sold a 753 that had bucket positioning, it was awesome with pallet forks! i didn't find it was required for a bucket though.