JD 332 and log splitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jklingel

I have an '04 JD 332 "in the mail" and am wondering if I will be able to have pressure to the auxiliary hoses when my butt is not in the seat. This, so I can operate a valve while outside the loader to run a log splitter. Thanks. john

Tazza

Staff member
I would be surprised if it didn't! Even with seat sensors you need to be able to get flow when not in the machine when you use an excavator attachment. For bobcat machines you either lock the controls in detent or use a switch on the steering lever for continuous flow, i am pretty sure your JD will have this feature too. The seat and seat bar switch will generally only lock out the lift arms and lock the brake, not the hydraulic flow.

OP
OP
J

jklingel

I would be surprised if it didn't! Even with seat sensors you need to be able to get flow when not in the machine when you use an excavator attachment. For bobcat machines you either lock the controls in detent or use a switch on the steering lever for continuous flow, i am pretty sure your JD will have this feature too. The seat and seat bar switch will generally only lock out the lift arms and lock the brake, not the hydraulic flow.
Tazza: Thanks. That was my suspicion, but I did not know if a hoe had any special remotes/gizmos to allow its use. j

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza: Thanks. That was my suspicion, but I did not know if a hoe had any special remotes/gizmos to allow its use. j
Every hoe i have seen just has continuous oil flow, no electrics are needed to hook back to the loader.. YET but i'm sure in time they will find something they want to tap into the machine, they love their electronics.