Is 17.2 GPM and 2550 PSI enough for most attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TDog77

I am back to looking at a New Holland L175 and smaller John Deers for cost savings and the New Holland for example has about 17.2 GPM on flow at 2550 PSI and I am curious since it is on the lowest end of all other models that I have looked at if that is enough for things like a hoe and auger attachment that my father already has for his LX885 with a flow around 20-22 I think. I saw that they even have mulchers that run down to 17GPM but is that flow level going to be too limiting long run. The next models up that I am looking at in Deere and New Holland are 19.6 gallons and 3050 psi...is that difference negligible or huge in the real world of use.

OP
OP
T

TDog77

Please move this to the New Holland forum :)
This question is not specific to NH and more about flow rate and etc. I only used those as an example and used Deere as well. I would prefer to have it in the general section to broadcast to a wider audience.

OP
OP
T

TDog77

This question is not specific to NH and more about flow rate and etc. I only used those as an example and used Deere as well. I would prefer to have it in the general section to broadcast to a wider audience.
What are you even making the request for Zorack? Do you feel it is your organizational duty; is your eye starting to twitch. I see you're not a moderator and could care less what you think as the question was in regards to flow rate and both Deere and NH are used in the phrasing of the question.

OldMachinist

What are you even making the request for Zorack? Do you feel it is your organizational duty; is your eye starting to twitch. I see you're not a moderator and could care less what you think as the question was in regards to flow rate and both Deere and NH are used in the phrasing of the question.
The reason he asked that it be moved was because it was posted in the Bobcat section. I moved it to the attachment section.

OP
OP
T

TDog77

The reason he asked that it be moved was because it was posted in the Bobcat section. I moved it to the attachment section.
OOps, I apologize then as I was sure that is where it was posted since that is what I was asking about. I would like to blame it on the forum...but I am sure I hit the wrong button. My bad.

oasis04

OOps, I apologize then as I was sure that is where it was posted since that is what I was asking about. I would like to blame it on the forum...but I am sure I hit the wrong button. My bad.
My machine JD 317 flows 17 at 3000psi I believe.
more than enough for my post hole digger and Hoe.
going to invest in a 72" brush cutter requiring 15-20 flow.
when boring holes or digging with hoe I run about 50% throttle and have plenty power and speed.
just my .02$

SkidRoe

I dream of those kinds of pressures and flows - LOL!!!
I am running up to a 12" auger with 8 gpm and 1400 psi. May not be the fastest thing going, but the last job I did with it, I set 12 4x4 posts 42" down in half an hour, and that was hitting wet clay at 18". That was with a 9" auger
I am also running a 42" rototiller with no issues either.
FWIW