International B3300 steering issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hoffy628

Hi everyone! I have an issue with my old IH B3300, it is a 1978 model. the issue I have is it wont turn to the right. If I hold it, it will try and go but makes a loud whining noise. Here is the deal, if I bleed the pump it will work for 30 seconds to a minute. The fluid in it is a milky color, it looks like coffee with creamer in it (the color, not the consistency.) What would cause the fluid to become this color? Is it possible that changing out the fluid would fix this, or is there an issue causing this issue with the fluid? I have only put on about 10 -20 hours since I changed the fluid. (10-20 hours in about 2 years.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
The colour could be from two things, airation or water. What does it look like when the machine has been sitting over night? is it white? or a normal oil colour?
The loss of power could be a damaged pump, air leak, damaged motor, restricted filter.

OP
OP
H

hoffy628

The colour could be from two things, airation or water. What does it look like when the machine has been sitting over night? is it white? or a normal oil colour?
The loss of power could be a damaged pump, air leak, damaged motor, restricted filter.
The color remains the same even after sitting for an extended period of time. Would that indicate water? Where would your suggest I begin diagnosing the issue? Thanks Tazza Hoffy

OP
OP
H

hoffy628

The color remains the same even after sitting for an extended period of time. Would that indicate water? Where would your suggest I begin diagnosing the issue? Thanks Tazza Hoffy
I did not change the filter last time I changed the fluid, didn't even realize it had one. I will start their first I guess.... If I can find it..

Tazza

Staff member
I did not change the filter last time I changed the fluid, didn't even realize it had one. I will start their first I guess.... If I can find it..
If its's still white, you have water in there. You will need to drain it a few times. With the cylinders and dive setup, you can't simply drain the lot, you need to drain it, fill then drive it around to move the fresh fluid. Repeat till it's clean.
It could be the water in the oil that has caused pump wear, causing the steering issue.