Intermittent float control

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

majakarot

Hello all, I have a Gehl Ctl70, which I believe is the same as the Takeuchi TL140. My float button works about 50% of the time, but works for a while and doesn't (not like pressing the button a few times will get it to work). I assume there is a relay that the button runs to and would like to start there, does anyone know the location and how to identify it? Or would I be better off starting in the joystick. (I don't believe the problem is the button itself) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (It seems crashwrench150 has done some diagnosing on these, if you read this can you tell me the location of the wires and relays that you located?)

thahn1608

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the same issue, but see there was never a reply. Forums are great as long as it's more than a one sided conversation...

coyote556

Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the same issue, but see there was never a reply. Forums are great as long as it's more than a one sided conversation...
Guys - Having float issues also, on Takeuchi TL230 Series 2. I posted another thread on it over on heavyequipmentforms.com (https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/tl230-series-2-float-diagnosis.83826/#post-901828). I am getting 12v from the button, to the controller, but no 12v out of the controller to the float solenoid. Does anyone know what the parameters are for the controller sending 12v to the float solenoid? That is no where in the service manual. I did a good job of laying out which pins go to the button and the solenoid, so I was able to check the wires and make sure they were good. I was also able to locate the output pin on the controller that feeds the float solenoid, but no current coming out when pushing the float button. I wish there was a "if this, then that" layout for the magic inside the controller. ideas??