Installing window - 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

Just purchased the overhead window for my 853 (never had the top or rear glass) mess with it a little yesterday. Any tricks on installing it??
dennis

perry

Spray some wd40 or other like product in the H-channel of the rubber and use a screwdriver to unfold the rubber around the steel opening. Just be carefull and don't jab the glass.

bobcat_ron

Spray some wd40 or other like product in the H-channel of the rubber and use a screwdriver to unfold the rubber around the steel opening. Just be carefull and don't jab the glass.
There's also a clever trick using garden variety string and wrapping it around the inside of the gasket, pull on it to get the gasket flap topop out, I saw an old timer do it on a car window, very clever.

Fishfiles

I have not seen the 853 top window in a while , but think it was held in with a rubber gasket if so -------One way is string , with the gasket wrapped around the window , put some 1/8 or slightly bigger nylon cord into the slot where the rubber gasket grips the metal and push the glass with the rubber gasket against the hole where it fits , as you push the glass pull the cord out which will flip the rubber into place , it helps to spray some soapy water mix or WD40 to help it slide , once the glass is in place you have to get the lock bead into place a window tool or a cotter ket removing tool will make that easier , put the hook under the lip and pull the tool along as you use you finger to set the lip , -----the newer machines use 4 bolts to hold the window down -----good luck what ever you do