Injector spewing black oil when warm. I realize it may need tightened or replaced but why is it look like black oil? Makes a mess… attaching a picture

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hobbyfarm743B

8EAF7D2A-5C35-406E-8D96-3808DB2874EF.jpeg

OP
OP
H

hobbyfarm743B

When warmed up and working my machine is making a mess. Seems to be shooting out black oil from fuel injection pump from around the fitting. Tried to tighten but not budging. May have to remove the two before or one after and get a full bite with wrench. Just messy and fear a fire might happen. Black mess everywhere..

foton

I think you have a bad injection pump, your fuel should not be black and that is a injector line, but your engine oil which lubes the injector pump might be that color. If you are not comfortable about replacing the pump, find someone let them do it and have it rebuilt or a core exchange.

OP
OP
H

hobbyfarm743B

I think you have a bad injection pump, your fuel should not be black and that is a injector line, but your engine oil which lubes the injector pump might be that color. If you are not comfortable about replacing the pump, find someone let them do it and have it rebuilt or a core exchange.
Thank you for reply. The machine runs great, no smoke. Just had new head, injectors, glo plugs, exhaust manifold, muffler, spark arrestor replaced. Both drives and spool valves replaced.
May as well replace / rebuild pump too. Lol
Dropped it off at my mechanic today to run it hard and figure it out.
Dang right drive is jumpy again too.