Identify a leak on the L565

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Antacus

I was looking into cleaning up the engine bay of the old 565 so I could see where my hydro leak was and after I pulled the side covers off I saw this part. This is in the engine bay, in the rear right side. I am not sure what it is but this seems to be my main leak. It appears to not be drastic but at $40 per 5gal of 303 I maybe can replace this cheaper then all the buckets of fluid I will need over the years? So far I have put in ~3gal in the last year keeping in mind this machine is used a couple weeks a year. https://plus.google.com/116800497580519613502/posts/HKevJJEdNC1 I have a service manual fopr the L565 itself but not an engine manual so no clue what I am looking at here. Ideas?

OP
OP
A

Antacus

that is the hyd pressure sender, should be about the cost of one pail of oil.
Thanks for the info guys. My guess is that you are both spot on! A look through my manual and I see on page 5-14 is a Hydrostatic Charge System Pressure Test that looks just like what is leaking. The manual only calls it "Test Port 1" and the book says it is not adjustable, replace if it is not testing within specs. Guess I'll hunt up a sender / check valve along with the filters (that I got all the numbers of when I was up there) and be ready for my next trip. On a side note, hunting on google it appears a EIC light I have flashing, the hydrostatic filter one, is another symptom others with a faulty sender are also seeing. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.

Latest posts