I Upgraded :-)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jack

I have just pensioned off my old 753C with 4200 hours and got a new S185 machine. I am hoping not too many parts on the new machine are....made in China :) The new one came with 68" 4 in 1 bucket (61" is standard in Australia) has replaceable cutting edge. Got standard controls with deluxe instrument panel (keyless start etc). Dozer blade ordered with 7 & 14 pin attachment control kit. Now its time to go play mud pies!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Good to see another fellow aussie on the forum.
Do you mind me asking what the new machine set you back? i have never bought a new machine and have no idea what they go for. I know a guy that bought a S300 a year or so ago and it was around 72K.
Hope you enjoy the new machine!

farmboy55

Good to see another fellow aussie on the forum.
Do you mind me asking what the new machine set you back? i have never bought a new machine and have no idea what they go for. I know a guy that bought a S300 a year or so ago and it was around 72K.
Hope you enjoy the new machine!
Good luck with the new machine, if I upgraded my 853 the main reason would be to get A/C & a heated cab. Getting old would like to rough it smoothly. dennis

nailsbeats

That's a really nice machine. I too will upgrade in another 1000 hrs or so when my 763 hits 4000. Never used a 4 in 1 bucket, but can see the advantages. Very nice set up, good luck. GO STANDARD CONTROLS!
Nels

OP
OP
J

Jack

That's a really nice machine. I too will upgrade in another 1000 hrs or so when my 763 hits 4000. Never used a 4 in 1 bucket, but can see the advantages. Very nice set up, good luck. GO STANDARD CONTROLS!
Nels
2007 S185 Turbo machine cost me A$53,000 out the door, I got chucked in: FREE 50 & 100 hour services on my farm, 68" 4 in 1 with certified lift hook, wider offset wheels to match, rear axle counterweights, deluxe instrument panel, spare wheel. The usual PR gear, Bobcat jacket, hat, carry bag etc. They wanted A$4500 for A/C, but I did not get it. I can buy the complete retro-fit kit for A$2600 and I will go DIY with it. Just chuck it in, and gas it up :) I got A$18,000 for my 753C and the dealer sold it, 10 days later....not sure what they got. Funnily enough, all my spare filters from the 753, will fit the new machine :) I have put about 5 hours on it so far, its mainly for farm use, with an occasional outside job.

Tazza

Staff member
2007 S185 Turbo machine cost me A$53,000 out the door, I got chucked in: FREE 50 & 100 hour services on my farm, 68" 4 in 1 with certified lift hook, wider offset wheels to match, rear axle counterweights, deluxe instrument panel, spare wheel. The usual PR gear, Bobcat jacket, hat, carry bag etc. They wanted A$4500 for A/C, but I did not get it. I can buy the complete retro-fit kit for A$2600 and I will go DIY with it. Just chuck it in, and gas it up :) I got A$18,000 for my 753C and the dealer sold it, 10 days later....not sure what they got. Funnily enough, all my spare filters from the 753, will fit the new machine :) I have put about 5 hours on it so far, its mainly for farm use, with an occasional outside job.
Thats a pretty good deal.
I'd love a new machine, but for what i use mine for i can't justify spending that sort of cash.
An S130 with 4 in 1, auger and tilt tach went for about 35K at auction. It had 500 hours on the clock. Deluxe panel, AC the lot. It was a re-po job, ideal for a contractor.