I REALY NEED SOME HELP AND INFO

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tooljim1

this is whats going on i have a 743 bobcat what is going on is that i put in a new starter started up great run it for a few then when i went to go start it today it would not start it turns over and stuff the glow plugs are getting power and everything else is getting power but it wont fire ran yesterday just fine now it wont today it acts like it is not getting any fuel now i never changer the injectors could it be that they are now just to far gone when i took one of the metal fuel lines off just a little fuel came out so i dont no what the hell is going on so i hope some one out there can help me thank you jim

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

Fuel pick tube rotted and fell off.
i put new fuel lines on it this summer even in the tank i took the fuel line off were it comes to the pump on the side of the engine and fuel pumps out and goes to the injector pump and when i took one of the metal lines off of the injector pump then dryed it off and then i turned the engine over and no fuel came out of the injector pump i think thats what is bad and needs to be rebuilt so let me no if any one has rebuilt a injector pump thank you

mmsllc

i put new fuel lines on it this summer even in the tank i took the fuel line off were it comes to the pump on the side of the engine and fuel pumps out and goes to the injector pump and when i took one of the metal lines off of the injector pump then dryed it off and then i turned the engine over and no fuel came out of the injector pump i think thats what is bad and needs to be rebuilt so let me no if any one has rebuilt a injector pump thank you
Before jumping into something that is expensive, try a few more things. Check to see if the fuel shut down solenoid is operating correctly. It should pull in when the key is turned to the "ON" position. To test it, simply have a friend / helper operate the key switch while you watch the solenoid for proper movement. If it does not move as it should, then use a test light to ensure proper power & ground are present. If no power is present trace the wiring back to the relay & fuses. I'm assuming that something might have happened & caused the fuse to blow, or a the relay simply went bad or there might be a bad ground somewhere. Try those few things first before spending big money for something that will not help you at all. Let us know what you find out.

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

Before jumping into something that is expensive, try a few more things. Check to see if the fuel shut down solenoid is operating correctly. It should pull in when the key is turned to the "ON" position. To test it, simply have a friend / helper operate the key switch while you watch the solenoid for proper movement. If it does not move as it should, then use a test light to ensure proper power & ground are present. If no power is present trace the wiring back to the relay & fuses. I'm assuming that something might have happened & caused the fuse to blow, or a the relay simply went bad or there might be a bad ground somewhere. Try those few things first before spending big money for something that will not help you at all. Let us know what you find out.
i dont no when my bobcat was made and i dont think it has a fuel shut down solenoid i never seen anything like that on it were should i look for it and i dont see that in the repair manual

Tazza

Staff member
now is there something inside or on the side of the injector pump that would brake off like a spring or somthing that wood keep the fuel shut off or what let me no thank you
There is, but for it to come off, something major would have to happen.
Personally, i'd start with the fuel supply. Remove the fuel line just before the injector pump, pump the hand primer and see if the fuel coming out is bubble free, if it is, move on to other areas. Ensure the bleed screw is screwed in too.
The fuel shut off lever has a spring that connects to the govenor that is behind the front gear cover (you can see it if you remove the throttle lever on the gear cover). The govenor has a lever that has a cradle that a pin on the injector fuel rack sits into. As you want more fuel, it moves to open up the injector and when you move the stop lever it pulls on the arm to shut the fuel off. So for the linkage to be the issue, something has broken/bound up holding it closed, something that i would highly doubt.

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

There is, but for it to come off, something major would have to happen.
Personally, i'd start with the fuel supply. Remove the fuel line just before the injector pump, pump the hand primer and see if the fuel coming out is bubble free, if it is, move on to other areas. Ensure the bleed screw is screwed in too.
The fuel shut off lever has a spring that connects to the govenor that is behind the front gear cover (you can see it if you remove the throttle lever on the gear cover). The govenor has a lever that has a cradle that a pin on the injector fuel rack sits into. As you want more fuel, it moves to open up the injector and when you move the stop lever it pulls on the arm to shut the fuel off. So for the linkage to be the issue, something has broken/bound up holding it closed, something that i would highly doubt.
its getting fuel to the injector pump should i loosen the 4 metal fuel lines were the screw onto the top of the injectors and turn the motor over to see if the fuel is getting up to the injectors could there be air in the lines and if so why would the day befor it was running fine and now it wont fire so there could be a lot of air in the lines or something

SkidRoe

its getting fuel to the injector pump should i loosen the 4 metal fuel lines were the screw onto the top of the injectors and turn the motor over to see if the fuel is getting up to the injectors could there be air in the lines and if so why would the day befor it was running fine and now it wont fire so there could be a lot of air in the lines or something
It's worth a try, can't hurt anything.

Tazza

Staff member
well thanks to every one that helped me out on here i had a tech come over and found out the injector pump does need to be rebuilt
Not great news that the pump is bad, but at least you know.
Odd for it to just stop working though, stuck from sitting i can see.

mmsllc

Not great news that the pump is bad, but at least you know.
Odd for it to just stop working though, stuck from sitting i can see.
I have seen fuel sit inside of an injection pump for so long that it separated into water. Then, it rusted it the internal spring & linkage to the point it would no longer operate. I simply removed the top / throttle cover plate, cleaned it out & resealed it. I've had some great luck with two of them so far. I agree that they needed rebuilding, but the owners declined the associated cost of doing that. But when I was done, they both ran great. I suppose I was lucky!!

OP
OP
T

tooljim1

I have seen fuel sit inside of an injection pump for so long that it separated into water. Then, it rusted it the internal spring & linkage to the point it would no longer operate. I simply removed the top / throttle cover plate, cleaned it out & resealed it. I've had some great luck with two of them so far. I agree that they needed rebuilding, but the owners declined the associated cost of doing that. But when I was done, they both ran great. I suppose I was lucky!!
thank you for all the info you guys have gave me this will be a fun job over the weekend ill let you guys no how it worked out w3hen i get it all done thank you and have a good one and keep checking this ad for up dates thank you again jim