I need your guy's help again

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slewpumper

On my 1995 873 I lifted the cab to check things over a little closer. Between both hand controls thier is a shaft that runs between them. Thier is 2 shocks that is fastened to a bracket that is on this shaft. Each hand control has its own shock. I am not exactly sure but think the purpose is to keep the controls in the nuetral position when your hands are removed from them. I noticed one of my brackets for the shock is broke so is not doing anything. Anybody familiar with what I am talking about? What is the purpose of these? Also I noticed a redcap that was laying under the foot control. It goes on a small bolt that is straight back from the right control lever under the cab. I can see that you twist and pull it up but not sure what it does. Some kind of relieve valve I believe. Last question, I took the foot pedals out so I could clean all the dirt and crud under them that has built up over the years. Isn't there a better way of doing this? Maybe they have improved on this since 1995. Ok, one more thing. I plan on peeking into the chaincase but not sure what to expect. Can this be drained? and is there any adjustment for this. I am suppose to be getting a service manual for this but haven't yet received it. Thanks for all your help!

Fishfiles

The shock ball joint mount is probally what you are talking about that's broke , no that shock doesn't have anything to do with neutral , just there to dampen the steering , the red cap sounds like the knob for releasing the boom pressure and letting the boom down if you lose the hydraulics or the engine ,with the boom up in the air , pull up and twist the knob , there is usually a plate that can be unbolted on the front of the machine by the foot pedals to make it easier to get the dirt from under the pedal , a pressure washer is the easiest way to clean it out , the chain case has a bullet and bushing drain plug underneath the rear of the machine under the plate with 3 bolts holding it , there are two plugs under that plate one for the chain case and one for the fuel tank