Hydrostatic Oil in 763!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redrocket

I have just finished rebuilding a 1996 bobcat 763. I need to know what kind of hydrostatic oil to use in the bobcat, and I also need to know what weight it has to be. thanks for your help

140mower

Redrocket,
This might sound a little strange at first, but 10w30 engine oil is what is run in the hydros in these machines. Some guys run the same oil in everything, ie. chaincase, engine and hydro, thus having to only stock one variety of oil. Personally I run 10w30 in the hydro and chaincase, and 15w40 in the engine, due to the high temps we get around here in the summers.
Hope this helps some,
Don

OP
OP
R

redrocket

Redrocket,
This might sound a little strange at first, but 10w30 engine oil is what is run in the hydros in these machines. Some guys run the same oil in everything, ie. chaincase, engine and hydro, thus having to only stock one variety of oil. Personally I run 10w30 in the hydro and chaincase, and 15w40 in the engine, due to the high temps we get around here in the summers.
Hope this helps some,
Don
Thanks Don, I talked to a mechanic i knew and he said to run 10w in the hydraulic system as well as the chaincase. Thanks for you reply