hydro oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

minibob

could anyone tell me how many litres of hydrualic oil i should put in my 343 bobcat.Are there others that have this model, as im also chasing a service manual. I Reside in australia

Fishfiles

The manuel I have doesn't show a 343 , it only shows a 310 , 313 or a 371, I have never seen a 3 series personally , could you post a pic , -------if this helps a 310 and a 313 both takes 6 L for the reservoir and 17 L for the hydraulic system , the 371 takes 27 L in the reservoir and doesn't give a system capacity on the chart -------but I would ask you how do you check the hydraulic oil level on your machine -----------always wanted to go down under , use to dive alot but never made it to the Big Reef

Tazza

Staff member
The manuel I have doesn't show a 343 , it only shows a 310 , 313 or a 371, I have never seen a 3 series personally , could you post a pic , -------if this helps a 310 and a 313 both takes 6 L for the reservoir and 17 L for the hydraulic system , the 371 takes 27 L in the reservoir and doesn't give a system capacity on the chart -------but I would ask you how do you check the hydraulic oil level on your machine -----------always wanted to go down under , use to dive alot but never made it to the Big Reef
Check e-bay for a manual, maxxwedge from the manual source sells them. When i got a price from my dealer they wanted well over $140 plus GST for my 743 manuals. Check with your local dealer and see what you can get them for on e-bay. The quality is excellent.
I too am from Australia, up in Brisbane.

OP
OP
minibob

minibob

Thanks mate Im still trying to post this pic for you .unable to check oil as there is no dip stick just a plug at the top and a drain plug at the bottom at the front.i could just drain it and put the same back ,but have just puchased it and are unsure if it had any blown hoses etc: to cause previous oil loss.believe me the previous owner didnt know what servicing was so pointless in asking him.

OP
OP
minibob

minibob

Thanks mate Im still trying to post this pic for you .unable to check oil as there is no dip stick just a plug at the top and a drain plug at the bottom at the front.i could just drain it and put the same back ,but have just puchased it and are unsure if it had any blown hoses etc: to cause previous oil loss.believe me the previous owner didnt know what servicing was so pointless in asking him.
Thanks Tazza For your help i found maxxwedge ,yep you where right he has a lot of different manuals but none for the 343. I emailed him so Ill see What comes of it. thanks mate, oh yeh Im from Dubbo NSW

hvyduty

Thanks Tazza For your help i found maxxwedge ,yep you where right he has a lot of different manuals but none for the 343. I emailed him so Ill see What comes of it. thanks mate, oh yeh Im from Dubbo NSW
Hi Minibob, I have a manual (only a rough photo copy, the part number is 6570289.I believe these machines were imported into Aust from japan or Europe???they are sometimes called a farmboy?.As for your Question they hold 25L oil.

OP
OP
minibob

minibob

Hi Minibob, I have a manual (only a rough photo copy, the part number is 6570289.I believe these machines were imported into Aust from japan or Europe???they are sometimes called a farmboy?.As for your Question they hold 25L oil.
Thanks HVYDUTY, I appreciate your help ,and just maybe you could answer another question for me. Im having a lot of trouble getting an inline hydrualic filter here in australia the part number i was given from my bobcat dealer was 39198336 they told me that they would have to order it from the USA ,do you no weather this is the correct number as i carnt even get an non-genuine filter matched to this number.

hvyduty

Thanks HVYDUTY, I appreciate your help ,and just maybe you could answer another question for me. Im having a lot of trouble getting an inline hydrualic filter here in australia the part number i was given from my bobcat dealer was 39198336 they told me that they would have to order it from the USA ,do you no weather this is the correct number as i carnt even get an non-genuine filter matched to this number.
Thats the one,personally i would find a filter and housing from a more common model and get it plumbed up by your local hose guy.I am guessing the genuine filters cost as much as the loader?

Tazza

Staff member
Thats the one,personally i would find a filter and housing from a more common model and get it plumbed up by your local hose guy.I am guessing the genuine filters cost as much as the loader?
The in-line filter you speak of, is this just a bronze filter? if so, a lot of the time you can clean these out with diesel and comressed air. I'd suspect it was if your dealer needs to order it from the USA as it can't be a high demand item.

hvyduty

The in-line filter you speak of, is this just a bronze filter? if so, a lot of the time you can clean these out with diesel and comressed air. I'd suspect it was if your dealer needs to order it from the USA as it can't be a high demand item.
That part number is for a spin on disposable cartridge style filter.

OP
OP
minibob

minibob

That part number is for a spin on disposable cartridge style filter.
Thanks fellas, just say if i found a filter of the same micron (10) and simular size ,that screwed on to the housing would it be ok ,or would it restrict to flow of the oil?

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks fellas, just say if i found a filter of the same micron (10) and simular size ,that screwed on to the housing would it be ok ,or would it restrict to flow of the oil?
Its really hard to say, most filters have a rating of how many GPM they are capable of letting through at X number if PSI. The way most machines are setup, the filter is on the case drain line that goes to the oil cooler. This line doesn't have a great deal of flow at a low pressure, so i don't think there would be a huge problem. I'd just make sure the physical size of the filter was the same or larger. You don't want it to cause a restriction that could cause the filter element inside to collapse from running too much oil through it.
See if you can get a cross reference from the old filter and work from there. Hopefully something is available at a reasonable price.

hvyduty

Its really hard to say, most filters have a rating of how many GPM they are capable of letting through at X number if PSI. The way most machines are setup, the filter is on the case drain line that goes to the oil cooler. This line doesn't have a great deal of flow at a low pressure, so i don't think there would be a huge problem. I'd just make sure the physical size of the filter was the same or larger. You don't want it to cause a restriction that could cause the filter element inside to collapse from running too much oil through it.
See if you can get a cross reference from the old filter and work from there. Hopefully something is available at a reasonable price.
Found another filter listed for your machine (3918206)this filter is avalable not sure which one it is.

adiggaman

Hi, I have 1 of these great machines here in NZ. I presume yours is a TCM built Bobcat ex Japan? Neither Bobcat or the TCM will acknowledge that they exist even though they were legitimately built under licence. What engine do you have? Mine is a Yamaha EDL6500 twin cylinder diesel. As to servicing most things seem to be similar to other Bobcats pre computor but with hydrostatic ie quite simple

OldMachinist

Hi, I have 1 of these great machines here in NZ. I presume yours is a TCM built Bobcat ex Japan? Neither Bobcat or the TCM will acknowledge that they exist even though they were legitimately built under licence. What engine do you have? Mine is a Yamaha EDL6500 twin cylinder diesel. As to servicing most things seem to be similar to other Bobcats pre computor but with hydrostatic ie quite simple
november_2008_178.jpg

skidsteer.ca

Model
334 w/Kubota V2203E Eng.

Filter​
Baldwin Number​
Qualifiers​
Lube​
B163
(6675517)​
Hyd.​
(6661248)​
Hydrostatic​
(6660728)​
Fuel/Water Separator​
(6667352)​
Radial Seal O. Air​
(6666333)​
Radial Seal I. Air​
(6666334)​

Model
313 w/Kubota Eng.

Filter​
Baldwin Number​
Qualifiers​
Lube​
B227
(3974113B)​
Hyd.​
(6515541)​
In-Line Fuel​
(6511393)​
Fuel Spin-on​
(4121609B)​
Air​
(897064B)​

I'm just wondring if any of these models use the same filters as your or sound simular. I can't find anything on crossing that filter number you have, so the best option may be a different filter head if they are too expensive.

Printer Friendly

Latest posts