Hydraulics system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Slick1951

Just bought an original melroe m500 in fair condition about a month ago.I replaced all parts in magneto from Standard magneto and got it running but, have a total loss of hydraulics. I'M going to pull a line off tomorrow to see if pump is working and then take off main pressure relief valve and clutch relief valve thinking they might be stuck open. Also, I'm going to change filter. Is there anything else I might need to do or check? Thanks. ( New to forum, this is first post ever)

SkidRoe

Welcome to the Forum.
I think you are on the right track. I would make sure that the pump is actually pumping first, and that there is a free flowing supply of fluid to the suction side of the pump.
The hydraulic systems on these machines are pretty basic, so it should not be too hard to find the issue.
Good Luck!!
SR

OP
OP
S

Slick1951

Welcome to the Forum.
I think you are on the right track. I would make sure that the pump is actually pumping first, and that there is a free flowing supply of fluid to the suction side of the pump.
The hydraulic systems on these machines are pretty basic, so it should not be too hard to find the issue.
Good Luck!!
SR
Thanks Sr. I didn't think about checking suction side.

flyerdan

Thanks Sr. I didn't think about checking suction side.
<---- Click on my username and send me an email and I'll send the hydraulic section of the service manual. It has a troubleshooting guide and flow charts and all kinds of info.