Hydraulic oil in BOBCAT 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
There is no easy way i'm afraid, unfortunately there is no drain plug you can simply remove. All i do is attach a hose to my aux hydraulic couplers and drain as much fluid as i can by operating the aux hydraulics with the machine running at idle, then re-fill the reserve tank and run the machine a bit, operating the hydraulics and driving around, then dump as much oil as possible the same way.
Remember to change filter if you change oil, i'm sure you would but i'm sure there are some that neglect the filter!
There is no way to remove all the oil unless you remove everything! trust me, you don't want to do that.

sterlclan

There is no easy way i'm afraid, unfortunately there is no drain plug you can simply remove. All i do is attach a hose to my aux hydraulic couplers and drain as much fluid as i can by operating the aux hydraulics with the machine running at idle, then re-fill the reserve tank and run the machine a bit, operating the hydraulics and driving around, then dump as much oil as possible the same way.
Remember to change filter if you change oil, i'm sure you would but i'm sure there are some that neglect the filter!
There is no way to remove all the oil unless you remove everything! trust me, you don't want to do that.
I drain mine by unhooking the return line from the hydralic cooler but my cooler is mounted to the rear door and is easy to get to Ive also seen people unhook the one from the filter as well Jeff

mikie

I drain mine by unhooking the return line from the hydralic cooler but my cooler is mounted to the rear door and is easy to get to Ive also seen people unhook the one from the filter as well Jeff
i was fortunate enough to acquire a factory manual for the 743's. their procedure says to remove the line off the filter and drain it from there. probably want to warm it up so it doesnt pour like molasses if it is as cold where you are at as it is here. mikie

Latest posts