Hydraulic Motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BCS160

Got a project in mind but need a little info. Have any of you guys converted a 3 point brush hog to fit a skid steer? I have emailed 2 places about what hydraulic motor i need and got no replies. There is a guy selling a kit on ebay just for this purpose but $660.00 seems a little steep for what you get. I have watched a few video`s on youtube where guys have converted them over and they seem to work pretty good. One guy mentioned an Eaton motor #101 3467 009 but i can`t seem to find that number. Just thought it maybe someone has converted one over they could share some part numbers. Thanks, BCS160

Tazza

Staff member
surplus center have an online calculator to work out the required specs.
With that said, it's not always as easy as choosing a motor to give the correct speed for your flow, the issue is the load. You may get it up to speed, but you need to unsure you can get enough HP to the hog.
I helped a guy choose a motor for his slasher, it got up to speed, but under any load, it just didn't have the power to do much.

flyerdan

surplus center have an online calculator to work out the required specs.
With that said, it's not always as easy as choosing a motor to give the correct speed for your flow, the issue is the load. You may get it up to speed, but you need to unsure you can get enough HP to the hog.
I helped a guy choose a motor for his slasher, it got up to speed, but under any load, it just didn't have the power to do much.
Another thing to consider is that the aux circuit is basically an on-off type setup that won't lend itself kindly to dealing with a large rotating mass without a bypass function or some type of clutch to let it run down.