Hydraulic Leaks on 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Greg19

I know very little about the Bobcats and inherited an 853 with 1900 hours when I bought a business two months ago. It has golden colored oil coming out the left side round pipe behind the rear wheel. I've power washed the Bobcat and looked everywhere for the leak and cannot find it. I also have a clear oil leak on the front of the bobcat about a foot back from the front coming out one of the two holes in the middle. Can't find that leak either. I think I have two Case Drain Filters I am going to check. One is located at the bottom of the Hydraulic tank and the other is attached to a line on the left side to the back of the seat area. How do I remove the one on the tank as I can't seem to get a wrench between the filter and the tank. Also how do I keep the oil from pouring out everywhere? Thank you, I appreciate the help Greg

Tazza

Staff member
Every filter change, you will make a mess, nothing you can do really i'm afraid.
Leaks can be hard to find, you just need to do as you have already done, clean it and just look for where it appears after use. It may not show up till it's under load lifting and moving things.