Hydraulic Filter Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

I stopped by our new local Bobcat Dealer on the way home from work today to pick up a hydraulic filter for the 440B. Of course, I did not have the serial number with me (why would I? LOL). Anyway, he hands me a filter P/N 6661248, says this should fit, then charges me $45 for it (cough).
Figuring that this would be the last $45 filter that the old 440B would get, I started to scour the internet for an alternate manufacturer / P/N. I found a piece of Bobcat literature that indicated that my machine used a P/N 6599543 filter.
I am going to take a wild guess that my new best friend down at the dealership sold me the wrong filter. Can any one confirm this?
Also, anyone know of a cross reference hydraulic filter for my machine? According to the filter reference data sheet that I found, the same filter is used on the little machines up to the 450; the 453 then departs to a different filter.
Thanks!!
SR

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

Baldwin filters has a nice cross reference and application look up on their website. http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/
Thanks, OM
I believe that you have answered both of my questions.
The 2 filters have identical physical dimensions; the 6661248 looks to be a heavy duty version of the 6599543.
Cheers,
SR

jmatt20

Thanks, OM
I believe that you have answered both of my questions.
The 2 filters have identical physical dimensions; the 6661248 looks to be a heavy duty version of the 6599543.
Cheers,
SR
also try fleet filter .com ...they charge half what my local napa store charges plus 15% off orders over 200$ and i think free shipping ...they also have application guides and cross reference charts ..they had all of the filters for my 331 and my s220 ....

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

also try fleet filter .com ...they charge half what my local napa store charges plus 15% off orders over 200$ and i think free shipping ...they also have application guides and cross reference charts ..they had all of the filters for my 331 and my s220 ....
Cool, looks like about $27 for a 6661248 equivalent. Now, if I could only find a cheap way of getting it into Canada...
Looking at a bunch of other websites, I don't feel too bad about paying $45 for my filter anymore, especially since the one that I took off had "Melroe" written on the side of it!!
The oil / filter change seems to have had a positive effect on the operation of the machine.
Cheers,
SR