Hydraulic cylinder repair

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SlagKing

I havn't posted before here, being new and everything to skidsteers, but I have an older M371 which I have been fixing up. It runs fine now, as I had to fabricate a new throttle which was missing. Lately, I had to rebuild a tilt cylinder which had blown a seal and leaked. Before I jumped into the job of the rebuild, I read on here now to do it correctly from a post by Tazza and with that help, I can confirm that the information was a great help indeed. Now I have a dry and properly operating tilt. Thanks for the help and I also enjoy reading this forum. I'm a fabricator and weldor, so maybe I could help sometimes along those lines until I can learn a little bit more about my M371. It's a good running machine and I've been using and working it on several types of jobs. I have built a quick attach plate, a material lift platform and a small electric winch powered boom crane so far. Thanks, Tom

farmboy55

Glad to hear your success on the cylinder. I just replace a couple of ram rods & seal's in my Bobcat & Backhoe attachment. You'll have all kinds of attachments built before long. dennis

Tazza

Staff member
Glad to hear your success on the cylinder. I just replace a couple of ram rods & seal's in my Bobcat & Backhoe attachment. You'll have all kinds of attachments built before long. dennis
I'm glad the seal replacement post helped you out.
I'm sure your knowledge will help others out in here.
I need to get around to building an attach plate for a set of forks. I just need to find time and get some steel plate.