hyd. brush hog

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2frankh

Was interested in addapting a highway tractor mower to my 773. Does anyone know if the flow would be sufficeint. It has high flow. Looking to maintain pastures and light brush (1"). Thanks for helping

Tazza

Staff member
Was it PTO driven?
If so, just select your hydraulic motor to suit, it should be able to do the job, i assume you don't have hi flow?

OP
OP

2frankh

Was it PTO driven?
If so, just select your hydraulic motor to suit, it should be able to do the job, i assume you don't have hi flow?
My 773 has high flow. The mower was a hydraulic attachment on an extendable arm. I was wondering if the flow would be high enough. The mower is about 5 foot. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
My 773 has high flow. The mower was a hydraulic attachment on an extendable arm. I was wondering if the flow would be high enough. The mower is about 5 foot. thanks
If you have Hi Flow, i'm pretty sure you have enough power available to run that, almost all of your available HP form the engine. The only thing that may cause an issue is the motor that is already on it may be for a different pressure and flow. It may be setup for say 2,000 PSI at 40GPM and your machine puts out 3,000PSI at 30GPM. It will cause it to have 50% more power, but it will rotate slower.
Matching the flow and pressure is the only factor i believe you will have.