Hub oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

T2skid

I recently bought a T200 bobcat and went to change the hub oil and one side looked good the other was dry. The side that had the oil in it smelled like gear oil butt the manual says to use 10/40w. Just was wondering what you guys use and what kind oof problems might since the one side was without oil. Thanks for any help

hvyduty

HI T2,There is plenty of threads on this subject already, Anyway I had a simular experence a couple of years ago.I replaced the oil in both drive motors with the bobcat synthitic oil .one motor was full the other had a small amount of black smelly goo. 20 hrs later without warning(leaks, noise, power loss) the drive motor hub calapsed destroying the entire drive motor,10k later i was told that the bearings in the hub are under that extreme pressure it cooks the bearing/oil thus regular oil change.If i had replaced seals and brearing it would have been 1/4 of the price.As for oil my sugestion is a high grade synthetic gear oil not engine oil.

OP
OP
T

T2skid

HI T2,There is plenty of threads on this subject already, Anyway I had a simular experence a couple of years ago.I replaced the oil in both drive motors with the bobcat synthitic oil .one motor was full the other had a small amount of black smelly goo. 20 hrs later without warning(leaks, noise, power loss) the drive motor hub calapsed destroying the entire drive motor,10k later i was told that the bearings in the hub are under that extreme pressure it cooks the bearing/oil thus regular oil change.If i had replaced seals and brearing it would have been 1/4 of the price.As for oil my sugestion is a high grade synthetic gear oil not engine oil.
Hi hvy thanks for the reply. I am new so did not see the other theads I will check them out. Have you had any other issues with your machine. I sure like the track loaders but man are they expensive to maintain.

Fishfiles

Hi hvy thanks for the reply. I am new so did not see the other theads I will check them out. Have you had any other issues with your machine. I sure like the track loaders but man are they expensive to maintain.
Very expensive to keep running , I have figured you can put $10 per hour on the hour meter away to just pay for track replacement , the best thing if you have to have a T series is to buy new , get the extended warranty , keep it three years and dump it before it's out of warranty , and never , never buy a used T series machine unless you have a lot of money to spend or are extremly lucky , --------today I changed 2 bottom rollers @ 522.00 , 1 rear idler 620.00 and 1 sprocket( old style / short dish ) 670.00 on a T 200 , right @ $ 2,400 with tax just for the parts , never buy the after market stuff as far as hard metal goes as they don't last , the tracks will get you by but not as many hours as OEM -------- yesterday I found that my local dealer bought a set of front and rear idler and bottom roller for a t series from a after market guy here in the area and had sent them to Bobat to be disected , the factory said the metal parts were sent to a metologist and they found the material used to build them was far below the Bobcat / Berco standard , this is something I have already figured out the hard way