How many hours on my Kubota??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jinxie

Hi I have a 94 753 Bobcat with a V2203-B Kubota engine. It currently has 2800 hrs. What is the life expectancy of these engines? Am I near the end?? The machine will basically get light use....snow removal in the winter and lanscaping our house when we build in the summer. I might put 150-200 hrs in a yr on it? How many hours is everyone else running?? Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
If you take care of it, servicing it regularly you should get 5-6000 hours without an issue.

OP
OP
J

jinxie

If you take care of it, servicing it regularly you should get 5-6000 hours without an issue.
Ok great. I have seen ads of other skid steers with around the same hours, but with "replaced" engine. Just wasnt sure circumstances or overall life expectancy. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Ok great. I have seen ads of other skid steers with around the same hours, but with "replaced" engine. Just wasnt sure circumstances or overall life expectancy. Thanks
I would suspect thats on engines that have been neglected and have cooked. When the heads crack they can fill a pot with coolant and you go to start it and POP you can send a rod through the block and the engine is essentially stuffed.
Its not un-common to get 6,000 hours out of a Kubota. I had one with 6,000 on the clock. It was a bit of a pig to start but oil pressure was great and whan it was running it would run sweet as! It took a good 30 second glow and it would fire up.
Keep it serviced and it till look after you for may many years!!!

kelly_b

I would suspect thats on engines that have been neglected and have cooked. When the heads crack they can fill a pot with coolant and you go to start it and POP you can send a rod through the block and the engine is essentially stuffed.
Its not un-common to get 6,000 hours out of a Kubota. I had one with 6,000 on the clock. It was a bit of a pig to start but oil pressure was great and whan it was running it would run sweet as! It took a good 30 second glow and it would fire up.
Keep it serviced and it till look after you for may many years!!!
2800 hours is nothing. You gots lots of life left in it. If it sounds and runs great now, it will continue that way for a while. :)