How is snow removal season going for everyone?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dozer

We are well into snow removal season here in North Dakota. 12" over Christmas and we recently got another 6" so the driveway clearing has been good. The christmas one came with a 40 mph wind so we had some driveways with 6 foot drifts in them. Nothing keeps me warmer than watching my competition with there pickup plows battling a drift like that and me just knocking them down. I will try to get some pics of the real bad driveways we have had so far. DOZER

Kermode

Its been pretty slow here in northern BC. Maybe 12" of snow since Nov. I think I went out 4 times in Dec. Its 5 C out there this morning and its all melting now.

nobull1

Its been pretty slow here in northern BC. Maybe 12" of snow since Nov. I think I went out 4 times in Dec. Its 5 C out there this morning and its all melting now.
Removed snow I think twice this season so far. I could have been out twice more but really wasn't worth it. Last year there were 23 times we plowed and a similar amount the year before. The previous 3 years before that we went out 5 times in total. The normal amount of times you would plow a year would be just less than 20 average, but the last 5 or 6 years are just not predictable at all.

sp6x6

Removed snow I think twice this season so far. I could have been out twice more but really wasn't worth it. Last year there were 23 times we plowed and a similar amount the year before. The previous 3 years before that we went out 5 times in total. The normal amount of times you would plow a year would be just less than 20 average, but the last 5 or 6 years are just not predictable at all.
little slow here in NW MT. I mostly use the blower so it has to storm pretty good, Did a vacation home today, first time all season times 1 mile long

destro

little slow here in NW MT. I mostly use the blower so it has to storm pretty good, Did a vacation home today, first time all season times 1 mile long
Its so slow for snow removel in Fort st. James B.C... It,s now melting. It,s the worst season I have seen in 25 years. The winters can carry me through the summer so it,s going to pinch the $$$$$.

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

Its so slow for snow removel in Fort st. James B.C... It,s now melting. It,s the worst season I have seen in 25 years. The winters can carry me through the summer so it,s going to pinch the $$$$$.
Yeah I have to admit here in ND I am hoping for another big one. The Christmas Blizzard made me about half of what I made doing snow removal all last year.
When people had drifts 5' high through there driveways the old 5hp snowblower just couldn't do it. I went from my standard 20 accounts to almost 60 and several commercial and farm lots.
Now I just need one more like that and everything after that is gravy. Cmon Jack Frost!!
Dozer

wright const

Yeah I have to admit here in ND I am hoping for another big one. The Christmas Blizzard made me about half of what I made doing snow removal all last year.
When people had drifts 5' high through there driveways the old 5hp snowblower just couldn't do it. I went from my standard 20 accounts to almost 60 and several commercial and farm lots.
Now I just need one more like that and everything after that is gravy. Cmon Jack Frost!!
Dozer
we had two plowable storms here in Boston and nothing in sight

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

:)
Yep let it snow, keep those dollars moving around. Good for the economy. I only plow my own but last year sure sparked interest in snow removal equipment.
Ken
It looks like North Dakota is going to get bombed this weekend.
Bring it on :)

Photobucket

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

It looks like North Dakota is going to get bombed this weekend.
Bring it on :)
Well that weekend was a dissapointment. They promised 12" of snow and we got 1" and the Vikings lose. again. Not good weekend for a North Dakotan. :(
Although I have to admit when my alarm went off at 3 AM and I looked out the window and seen nothing it was awful nice to climb back in :)
Dozer

kls

Well that weekend was a dissapointment. They promised 12" of snow and we got 1" and the Vikings lose. again. Not good weekend for a North Dakotan. :(
Although I have to admit when my alarm went off at 3 AM and I looked out the window and seen nothing it was awful nice to climb back in :)
Dozer
in london on canada we have only plowed 5-6 nights all season less then a foot in total but still enough to get out on the snowmobiles.