How good are the Service Manuals?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mr_C

I just bought an 825 and was thinking of ordering the service manual. I found a few for sale online for about $30 or so. Are these useful manuals? I have purchase manuals in the past that were more like user guides and didn't have a lot of good repair and maintenance info in them so I don't feel like throwing my money away on something like that. -Mr_C

skidsteer.ca

You don't want it if it is a operations and maintenance manual. Looks for the repair or parts manual. The repair one has all the operators manual info in it anyway.
Ken

OP
OP
M

Mr_C

You don't want it if it is a operations and maintenance manual. Looks for the repair or parts manual. The repair one has all the operators manual info in it anyway.
Ken
So I woudl assume that somethg like this, which says "service" and not "operators guide" would be what I want? I see parts manuals for sale also, but not as frequently and that doesn't seem what I want as much. http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/store/...g='Bobcat 825'&WhatCatalog=Manual&WhatMode=mm thanks, Mr_C

Tazza

Staff member
So I woudl assume that somethg like this, which says "service" and not "operators guide" would be what I want? I see parts manuals for sale also, but not as frequently and that doesn't seem what I want as much. http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/store/mansrch.pl?Manufacturer=MI&SearchString='Bobcat 825'&WhatCatalog=Manual&WhatMode=mm thanks, Mr_C
It looks rite.... And yes, service is what you want.

coreya3212

It looks rite.... And yes, service is what you want.
I also have the 825 and htis topic touches a nerve with me. I got the Operators manual from bobcat for 90 bucks and its a POS. They photocopied it and put in one of those coil things. Better use would have been to put it on a cardboard roll so I could mount it next to the crapper where it could be useful at least. The SERVICE manual i got from cramiesmanuals.com or something like that was 130 bucks and well worth it.

OP
OP
M

Mr_C

I also have the 825 and htis topic touches a nerve with me. I got the Operators manual from bobcat for 90 bucks and its a POS. They photocopied it and put in one of those coil things. Better use would have been to put it on a cardboard roll so I could mount it next to the crapper where it could be useful at least. The SERVICE manual i got from cramiesmanuals.com or something like that was 130 bucks and well worth it.
Corey, do you know how many pages are in your service manual? the one I see online is about 137 or somewhere around there. they are only charging $30 for the manual, so I want to make sure I am getting the right thing. -Mr_C

tdeal823

Corey, do you know how many pages are in your service manual? the one I see online is about 137 or somewhere around there. they are only charging $30 for the manual, so I want to make sure I am getting the right thing. -Mr_C
My service manual is a lot more than 200 pages for my 773 turbo. just an fyi
Check with your dealer first. mine was serial number specific. they had to order it in.
I'm not sure on the 825's

coreya3212

My service manual is a lot more than 200 pages for my 773 turbo. just an fyi
Check with your dealer first. mine was serial number specific. they had to order it in.
I'm not sure on the 825's
Sorry Mr C, the service manual is not numbered for pages, but is about an inch thick. Operators manual which sucks is about 1/4 or 3/8 of a inch. Not sure on the parts manual as I dont have one. I know the operators manual shows a serial number range that it is good for so there are probably a couple different ops manuals. My serivce manual is titled " Melroe 825 Service Manual and Service Bulletins" It comes in a 3 ring binder.

coreya3212

Sorry Mr C, the service manual is not numbered for pages, but is about an inch thick. Operators manual which sucks is about 1/4 or 3/8 of a inch. Not sure on the parts manual as I dont have one. I know the operators manual shows a serial number range that it is good for so there are probably a couple different ops manuals. My serivce manual is titled " Melroe 825 Service Manual and Service Bulletins" It comes in a 3 ring binder.
There is another guy on here with an 825, his name is Jeffco, and he seems to be quite knowledgable on the 825, and I know he has a service manual. Hopefully he catches this thread and will chime in.

avainio

There is another guy on here with an 825, his name is Jeffco, and he seems to be quite knowledgable on the 825, and I know he has a service manual. Hopefully he catches this thread and will chime in.
I just got the service manual for my 773 Bobcat on ebay from Finney Equipment and Parts. It came yesterday and looks like the factory manual or a xeroxed copy of it. Specific for the G-series and there were 2 choices depending on the serial number. It came as loose pages, but once I put it into a good binder it's a great manual and looks very complete. It's exactly 2 inches thick (I measured it) and was $85.00 plus shipping.

RalcoBe

I just got the service manual for my 773 Bobcat on ebay from Finney Equipment and Parts. It came yesterday and looks like the factory manual or a xeroxed copy of it. Specific for the G-series and there were 2 choices depending on the serial number. It came as loose pages, but once I put it into a good binder it's a great manual and looks very complete. It's exactly 2 inches thick (I measured it) and was $85.00 plus shipping.
I just bought the repair + partss manuals for my 751 at the Bobcat dealer. Looks great, 163eur for more than 2 inches. .

Tazza

Staff member
I just bought the repair + partss manuals for my 751 at the Bobcat dealer. Looks great, 163eur for more than 2 inches. .
They really are a must if you want to do work on your machine. If you have an idea of what to do, you can get by, but the pictures shows how things go back together.