How do you rotate the tires on a 2001 763g Bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mickey

I need to rotate the tires on my Bobcat becuase the front tires are smaller then the back tires. I plan on getting new ones but I would like to get a few more hours on the old tires. I know you should have the same diameter on the same side(meaning putting the two fronts on one side or the other becuase they have worn the same then put the two back on one side. So, where and how do I lift Bob. Pushing down on the bucket I can get 2 front wheels off the ground. But How do I get the back off the ground? If anyone knows I appreciate it.

OldMachinist

I just put wood blocks under the rear and when you lift with with bucket the rear will come up too.

OldMachinist

Tazza, What kind of jack? Bottle floor? what size?
I'm sure Tazza will answer later but I think a floor jack with a 3 ton minimun rating should do the job on the 763 with it's operating weight listed as 5408 lbs. There may not be enough clearance to use a bottle jack.
743jacking.jpg picture by calfranch

OP
OP
M

mickey

I'm sure Tazza will answer later but I think a floor jack with a 3 ton minimun rating should do the job on the 763 with it's operating weight listed as 5408 lbs. There may not be enough clearance to use a bottle jack.
OM - That pic is GREAT(especially the >>>> and use floor jack here):):) I purched a used Bobcat last year and have now experience. What manual did you get this from and do you know where I can get one for my 763g?

OP
OP
M

mickey

OM - That pic is GREAT(especially the >>>> and use floor jack here):):) I purched a used Bobcat last year and have now experience. What manual did you get this from and do you know where I can get one for my 763g?
a few typos so I'll correct and repost OM - That pic is GREAT(especially the >>>> and use floor jack here):):) I purchased a used Bobcat last year and have no experience. What manual did you get this from and do you know where I can get one for my 763g?

OldMachinist

a few typos so I'll correct and repost OM - That pic is GREAT(especially the >>>> and use floor jack here):):) I purchased a used Bobcat last year and have no experience. What manual did you get this from and do you know where I can get one for my 763g?
The picture is from a 743 parts manual the 763 should be just about the same just a little longer wheelbase. The best place to start looking for a service manual is your Bobcat dealer. Just give them a call and have your serial number handy.

OP
OP
M

mickey

The picture is from a 743 parts manual the 763 should be just about the same just a little longer wheelbase. The best place to start looking for a service manual is your Bobcat dealer. Just give them a call and have your serial number handy.
I saw them on ebay I see if they have my ser number range. It is cheeper.

coreya3212

The manuals on Ebay are not always cheaper sometimes the dealer is cheaper and you get an original not a copy that might be blurry. If you don't have a local dealer contact Mark Webb at Intermountain Bobcat [email protected]
Just if it helps, My machine weighs 5000 pounds and I lift it with a 2 and 3/4 ton floor jack. Use jack stands under the axles as mentioned to be safe. Good luck.

Tazza

Staff member
Just if it helps, My machine weighs 5000 pounds and I lift it with a 2 and 3/4 ton floor jack. Use jack stands under the axles as mentioned to be safe. Good luck.
I'm lazy and use a bottle jack, but a floor jack is just as good.
My 743 i lift in that exact same point, any other machine can be lifted here too. At that point, you will need a good sized jack as OM mentioned. I can lift the rear of mine up from the back of the chassis where the engine is, but ONLY if the bucket is curled back as i use a 1.5 tonne bottle jack. If its on the floor, you essentially need to lift the entire machines weight off the ground as it pivots on the bucket and not the font axles.
OM - very good detail on the lifting point too :) i have to agree about the manuals too, i got mine from the dealer as they were only a little more than the net, the quality is MUCH better as its not a copy of a copy.