How do I unlock pedals on a Thomas 85?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jonheld

I had about 4 minutes experience on this Thomas 85 before i had to change a hydraulic hose. Now the boom and bucket pedals are locked. The auxiliary pedal does move. There is sufficient fluid in the system and it seems that there is pressure in the system, though I have not confirmed this. Could it be as simple as the seat belt not connecting? Would that lock the pedals? Or is it likely the Solenoid? I have looked at the repair manual, but thought I may as well ask, owing to my limited experience. Of course it is possible that when i burst a hose I damaged something before I realized what was happening. But first I must try a simple solution. Thanks

OP
OP
J

jonheld

Problem resolved. It was the operator sensor switch under the bucket seat . I never saw it when I removed the seat to change the hose. All systems go.

Tazza

Staff member
Problem resolved. It was the operator sensor switch under the bucket seat . I never saw it when I removed the seat to change the hose. All systems go.
Good catch, i was going to say seat or seat bar sensor. If it doesn't think you are in the seat, it refuses to unlock to try and keep the operator safe.