How do I adjust the parking brake on a LS170

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Question.............I just purchased a LS170 and the parking brake doesn't hold. Anyone know how to adjust it so it holds? I checked the owners manual but no luck there. Thanks.

jerry

download and save the manual from skidsteer ca.'s post in the post about glow plugs just below yours. It is a $500 book for free. The park brake adjustment is on pages 33-20 and 33-21. by all means save this download.

OP
OP
F
download and save the manual from skidsteer ca.'s post in the post about glow plugs just below yours. It is a $500 book for free. The park brake adjustment is on pages 33-20 and 33-21. by all means save this download.
Thanks Jerry, I just downloaded the manual. You are 100% correct, full details on how to adjust the parking brake and tons of other useful info in that manual.............no doubt I'll be referencing it for many years to come as other issues arise. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it and owe you one. Phil

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Jerry, I just downloaded the manual. You are 100% correct, full details on how to adjust the parking brake and tons of other useful info in that manual.............no doubt I'll be referencing it for many years to come as other issues arise. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it and owe you one. Phil
When you release your parking brake be sure to push the handle fully down.
The springs do not pull it far enough on their own, I'm told, and this is what tends to wear the brakes out.
Ken

OP
OP
F
When you release your parking brake be sure to push the handle fully down.
The springs do not pull it far enough on their own, I'm told, and this is what tends to wear the brakes out.
Ken
Thanks Ken, I'll be sure to push the brake down fully............good advice. Thanks also for the manual, appreciate you posting it for folks to use................alot of great info in it and it'll save me alot of time and money. Thanks again. Phil

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Ken, I'll be sure to push the brake down fully............good advice. Thanks also for the manual, appreciate you posting it for folks to use................alot of great info in it and it'll save me alot of time and money. Thanks again. Phil
Not that I'd want to spend full price on one, but once you have trouble, a manual is likely worth it. $500 don't go far at a dealer. NH makes pretty good manuals too, wish bobcats was as clear.
Tradebit.com is a good source of resonable priced pdf manuals, many are oem too
I have had good luck find tractor, skid , atv and snowmobile manuals there.
Ken

Not that I'd want to spend full price on one, but once you have trouble, a manual is likely worth it. $500 don't go far at a dealer. NH makes pretty good manuals too, wish bobcats was as clear.
Tradebit.com is a good source of resonable priced pdf manuals, many are oem too
I have had good luck find tractor, skid , atv and snowmobile manuals there.
Ken
Guys I'm brand new to this forum. I have 2001 LS170. I can't seem to find the manual that was posted regarding parking brake adjustment. I would like to download. Thanks

jerry

Guys I'm brand new to this forum. I have 2001 LS170. I can't seem to find the manual that was posted regarding parking brake adjustment. I would like to download. Thanks
Look down below about a half dozen posts , mike10 detailed the brake procedure. The manual link may have be taken down the member who put it up hasn't been here in some time now.

Look down below about a half dozen posts , mike10 detailed the brake procedure. The manual link may have be taken down the member who put it up hasn't been here in some time now.
Thanks Jerry. Found it. The manual that came with the machine when I bought it new is ok and it describes the brake adjustment procedure. This description is better. Brake all of a sudden stopped working about 5 years ago. Yes, I have been prolonging the fix. Love this machine. Tires, oil changes, regular maintenance, grease, grease, grease!!! Only gripe is the original paint job didn't really hold up. Lots of peeling. One new seat in 14 years.

Thanks Jerry. Found it. The manual that came with the machine when I bought it new is ok and it describes the brake adjustment procedure. This description is better. Brake all of a sudden stopped working about 5 years ago. Yes, I have been prolonging the fix. Love this machine. Tires, oil changes, regular maintenance, grease, grease, grease!!! Only gripe is the original paint job didn't really hold up. Lots of peeling. One new seat in 14 years.
Finally got around to the brake adjustment. I followed Jerry's advice on a previous posting by another member on the procedure. I also used my operators manual that came with the machine. I managed to make the adjustment and it works fine. There is very little room work and at 6' 3" it's even tougher. The spring location on the left side is poorly located-too close to fuel tank. The other side I had to fight the hydraulic hoses. Installing the cotter pins was a PIA and "finding" the spline on the lever proved tough. OK, I'll stop my crying. I'm sure I saved a bundle doing it myself rather than taking it to the dealer. I recommend removing the spring adjuster bolt and putting a blob of grease on the threads. Spray the hinge points with lube-WD40-whatever you have. All good now. No need for rocks or wood blocks to prevent rolling.

shanej

Where is the manual download, I'm not seeing it. I'm new to the forum huh j7

Latest posts