How come I am Only Finding Out About This Now...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I saw this on facebook a while ago too, didn't know if it was actually a thing or just one of those made up things you see posted on there.
I wonder how much their insurance costs :)

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

I saw this on facebook a while ago too, didn't know if it was actually a thing or just one of those made up things you see posted on there.
I wonder how much their insurance costs :)
Friends of mine have actually been, so it seems pretty real.
I am in the process of moving to the UK for a couple of years on assignment. There is one about a 2 hour drive from my UK house.
I will make sure to follow up after we have been.
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
Friends of mine have actually been, so it seems pretty real.
I am in the process of moving to the UK for a couple of years on assignment. There is one about a 2 hour drive from my UK house.
I will make sure to follow up after we have been.
Cheers - SR
Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Moving to the UK for a few years sounds like a bit of a change, i hope you enjoy your time there.

GreenDigger74

Looks like they will make plenty of money, whatever they aren't spending on insurance that is... Maybe they can have a bring-your-own attachment day, get the bush hog out there and raise h*ll... I'd imagine that they'd have supervisors out there watching kids as well, probably better to get paid to watch people move dirt than do it yourself.

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

Looks like they will make plenty of money, whatever they aren't spending on insurance that is... Maybe they can have a bring-your-own attachment day, get the bush hog out there and raise h*ll... I'd imagine that they'd have supervisors out there watching kids as well, probably better to get paid to watch people move dirt than do it yourself.
The kids and I finally got around to visiting Diggerland Yorkshire a few weeks back. It was a hoot!! And pretty reasonably priced as well.
My two oldest were tall enough that they were allowed to drive all of the equipment by themselves (1.4m), and my youngest was big enough that he could go as a rider on all of the equipment (1.0 m).
Here is a highlight reel of our day:
https://youtu.be/jThUo0XLgZY
My kids said that they preferred Diggerland over any conventional theme park, needless to say, so do I!! :)
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
The kids and I finally got around to visiting Diggerland Yorkshire a few weeks back. It was a hoot!! And pretty reasonably priced as well.
My two oldest were tall enough that they were allowed to drive all of the equipment by themselves (1.4m), and my youngest was big enough that he could go as a rider on all of the equipment (1.0 m).
Here is a highlight reel of our day:
https://youtu.be/jThUo0XLgZY
My kids said that they preferred Diggerland over any conventional theme park, needless to say, so do I!! :)
Cheers - SR
I remember seeing your post on FB when you went there, looked awesome.
Glad the kids enjoyed their time there too, it's not very often they get to play with real earth moving gear like that.
I wonder what their insurance premiums would be for that :)

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

I remember seeing your post on FB when you went there, looked awesome.
Glad the kids enjoyed their time there too, it's not very often they get to play with real earth moving gear like that.
I wonder what their insurance premiums would be for that :)
LOL - some questions you don't want the answers too...
Having experienced the UK health and safety bureaucracy first hand, I am sure the safety case paperwork must be the size of an excavator!!
Most of the machines had some of the controls locked-out so that you could not get into too much trouble, and all engines were set on low idle.
Still, more fun than you get at the usual amusement park!

Tazza

Staff member
LOL - some questions you don't want the answers too...
Having experienced the UK health and safety bureaucracy first hand, I am sure the safety case paperwork must be the size of an excavator!!
Most of the machines had some of the controls locked-out so that you could not get into too much trouble, and all engines were set on low idle.
Still, more fun than you get at the usual amusement park!
I bet you're right there :)
Ahh, that does make sense, they'd have to put so many safeties on there for just in case. Glad you got to take the kids there, looked like they had a blast.
I know over here in .au, the public liability BS is insane. Someone can break into your house, if they fall and damage themselves they can actually sue you, and it has happened.....