Hooking up aux equipment on my 773 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

larrylrose

I have trouble connecting the hydraulic lines to the bobcat ( grapple bucket & backhoe). I know when you turn it off you turn the key pass off to relief the pressure. I usually have to use some type of clamp to pull the two fitting together. I know I must be doing something wrong because it shouldn't be that hard, unless the part about relieving the pressure dosen't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Larry

Tazza

Staff member
I found that some times i could shut the machine down then turn the key on and enable the hydraulics then move the thumb switch.

OldMachinist

I found that some times i could shut the machine down then turn the key on and enable the hydraulics then move the thumb switch.
Somtimes the pressure is on the grapple side. I've had trouble hooking mine up before and I had to crack a line open on the cylinder to relieve the pressure before I could hook it up.

OP
OP
L

larrylrose

Somtimes the pressure is on the grapple side. I've had trouble hooking mine up before and I had to crack a line open on the cylinder to relieve the pressure before I could hook it up.
Hey, Thanks for your replies, I will try them, thats makes sense. I'm glad it's not just me. I've been busy and this is the first time I've had to look back at the forum. Thanks again Larry