Homemade Side Windows & Mirrors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brt

I just made some winter windows for my '99 763. I just made a cardboard template (get in the cab to mark it out and then add 1" to 1.5" all around to cover the area outside of the cage holes). Trace it onto 1/4" plywood left over from a house job. Paint it and put sheet vinyl on it with staples. The cost for the vinyl was about $15 and the plywood was less that 1 sheet. I attached it with 1.5" fender washers and 1/4" bolts. The bolts/washers catch corners of the holes in the cage, so no holes need to be drilled in the cage. I can't wait to know what it is like to plow snow without the white stuff blowing through the cab. As for the mirrors, they are the best the greatest! $10 each at Kragen. Just take some 1" metal strap and sandwich the loader arm between 2 strap pieces. You have to put a bend in the metal strap to get it away from the loader arm. I can see the bottom of the rear wheels all of the time, including when lifting the bucket arms. Total cost for both improvements was less than $50 Pictures are in the photo gallery under "Bobcat 763 Windows Mirrors"

Tazza

Staff member
Very nice job, simple yet very effective. Not to mention, pretty cheap too

glenbell

More details on the mirrors please. What is "Kragen" and what do you mean by "sandwich" the loader arm between 2 strap pieces? Great idea, I'd just like more info on how to make sure the mirrors aren't sliding/flopping around when loader arms are moving. Could tack weld I suppose but you see to have avoided that....maybe some closer up pics?

Thanks
Glen

jerry

More details on the mirrors please. What is "Kragen" and what do you mean by "sandwich" the loader arm between 2 strap pieces? Great idea, I'd just like more info on how to make sure the mirrors aren't sliding/flopping around when loader arms are moving. Could tack weld I suppose but you see to have avoided that....maybe some closer up pics?

Thanks
Glen
here is a link to a post on this forum with pictures. I copied these on my other loader and they worked fine. About $15 each at Napa auto parts. http://www.capsandstems.com/ed/bobcat_mirrors.htm

russ

here is a link to a post on this forum with pictures. I copied these on my other loader and they worked fine. About $15 each at Napa auto parts. http://www.capsandstems.com/ed/bobcat_mirrors.htm
Very nice jerry , they come handy, this thinks can do a lot of damage in reverse I use a 5" x 3/4 rebar and I weld eat on the arms .
DSC05869.jpg

jerry

Let's try again http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/razvy/DSC05869.jpg PS : Jerry what is that hole in the bucket ?
That post was from cchardwick on 2/22/07, I have no idea what the hole is for. If you put mirrors into the search here quite a few come up.

OP
OP
B

brt

That post was from cchardwick on 2/22/07, I have no idea what the hole is for. If you put mirrors into the search here quite a few come up.
This is for Glenbell: Kragen is a regional Auto parts store. Any local parts house will have similar mirrors. I placed a few extra photos in the gallery (Bobcat 763 Windows Mirrors) It shows how I did it. No holes to drill in the arms and the setup is adjustable. Use nylon insert nuts to prevent slipping from vibration. I've had mine on for a year now and they haven't moved.

OP
OP
B

brt

This is for Glenbell: Kragen is a regional Auto parts store. Any local parts house will have similar mirrors. I placed a few extra photos in the gallery (Bobcat 763 Windows Mirrors) It shows how I did it. No holes to drill in the arms and the setup is adjustable. Use nylon insert nuts to prevent slipping from vibration. I've had mine on for a year now and they haven't moved.
I did use an existing hole that was conveniently located on the arms for mounting the lower bolt. If your machine does not have that hole just make your side plates longer and use the method that I used for the top bolt.

glenbell

I did use an existing hole that was conveniently located on the arms for mounting the lower bolt. If your machine does not have that hole just make your side plates longer and use the method that I used for the top bolt.
Thanks for the update. Can't see anything but a page long error message right now in the photo section but will check it out when it's up again.
Thx again,
Glen

Error message in photo area if any moderators are on:

Server Error in '/' Application.

'/files/file[@name='Frank's Bobcat 763']/description' has an invalid token.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XPath.XPathException: '/files/file[@name='Frank's Bobcat 763']/description' has an invalid token.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

Code:
[XPathException: '/files/file[@name='Frank's Bobcat 763']/description' has an invalid token.]
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseStep(AstNode qyInput) +532
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseRelativeLocationPath(AstNode qyInput) +12
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseRelativeLocationPath(AstNode qyInput) +105
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseLocationPath(AstNode qyInput) +68
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParsePathExpr(AstNode qyInput) +140
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseUnionExpr(AstNode qyInput) +22
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseUnaryExpr(AstNode qyInput) +81
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseMultiplicativeExpr(AstNode qyInput) +22
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseAdditiveExpr(AstNode qyInput) +22
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseRelationalExpr(AstNode qyInput) +22
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseEqualityExpr(AstNode qyInput) +22
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseAndExpr(AstNode qyInput) +17
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseOrExpr(AstNode qyInput) +17
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathParser.ParseXPathExpresion(String xpathExpresion) +55
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.Compile(String xpath) +55
   System.Xml.XPath.XPathNavigator.Select(String xpath) +30
   DotNetNuke.GalleryXML.Description(String FileName) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryXML.vb:79
   DotNetNuke.GalleryFolder.Populate() in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryObjects.vb:430
   DotNetNuke.GalleryUtility.PopulateAllFolders(GalleryFolder rootFolder) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryUtility.vb:155
   DotNetNuke.GalleryConfig..ctor(Int32 ModuleID) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryConfig.vb:439
   DotNetNuke.GalleryConfig.GetGalleryConfig(Int32 ModuleID) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryConfig.vb:175
   DotNetNuke.BaseGalleryRequest..ctor(Int32 ModuleID) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryRequest.vb:320
   DotNetNuke.GalleryRequest..ctor(Int32 ModuleID) in N:\BobcatDNN\Components\TTTGalleryRequest.vb:95
   DotNetNuke.TTT_Gallery.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in N:\BobcatDNN\DesktopModules\TTTGallery\TTT_Gallery.ascx.vb:73
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300[/FONT]