Home made Tilt-Tach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wendirt

Got an idea and wanted some input. I recently purchased a fork rotator aka "cascade" system at a local auction. This item is designed to be mounted onto the back plate of a forklift and uses a hydraulic motor to rotate the forks 180 degree. Many use it with bins to dump scrap into larger containers. I was thinking, why not mount this to my current fork back plate for the bobcat and instead of installing the forks, mount a bucket to the front. This will allow full 180 degree rotation of the bucket instead of the +/- 15degree that is currently offered by many manufacturers. The system apears to be pretty tough as it does weigh in at 450#. I welcome any ideas/ comments. Plan to use this for cutting slopes and small ditches

Gazza

It will work but you won't be able to rotate your bucket unless it's horizontal. If you tilt and rotate, the bucket will hit your front wheels or the front of your loader. Gazza

skidsteer.ca

It will work but you won't be able to rotate your bucket unless it's horizontal. If you tilt and rotate, the bucket will hit your front wheels or the front of your loader. Gazza
Build it you love it.
I have a Bobcat one, although now I see OX attachments has a 20 degree one out that is permanent on you bucket. Huge pivot.
I don't use mine alot buy tit great when you want it just right. Makes a handy grader to. Dump bucket, rotate to proper angle and back blade. Love that for crowning roads etc.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Build it you love it.
I have a Bobcat one, although now I see OX attachments has a 20 degree one out that is permanent on you bucket. Huge pivot.
I don't use mine alot buy tit great when you want it just right. Makes a handy grader to. Dump bucket, rotate to proper angle and back blade. Love that for crowning roads etc.
Ken
Being off a fork lift i see no reason why it won't work. From memory, the unit is sort of small so do expect a bit of flex. The *real* tilt tach has support at the other edge to give as little flex as possible. With that said, even a bit of flex, i see no reason why it won't work. It does weigh a bit but if you mainly use it to cut a grade thats actually a benifit.
One note, use the tilt to get your grade started then level it back out, if not you will esentially be cork screwing into the ground as you get say your 20 degrees but as your wheels will be on the 20 degree grade you will be cutting another 20 degrees on that grade. Does that make any sense? either way, you will work it out :)

Latest posts