higher hour machines

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blue924.9

ok first post so i hope i got it in the right forum. looking for a skidloader, but have a limited budget (who doesnt) my grandma and myself combined could realistically put 6k towards a machine. looking on the local craigslist there are actually a lot more machines than i thought there would be for that price range. the only thing is they have higher hours, in the 2 to 3 thousand range with most of them having rebuilt or new engines. my question is, can the rest of the machine last? are the frames and other parts of the skidloader reliable and tough enough to handle some more hours. the machine would be lightly used for hauling wood from the shed to the house and pushing snow. it would be a smaller machine in the 20 to 40 hp range and all it needs is a 36 inch bucket to work for us which is fairly small lol. thanks..

antfarmer2

2 to 3 is not that high of hours just look for tight fits and leaks pick it up and pull in and out on the tires should be no movement diesels are much better

farmshop

2 to 3 is not that high of hours just look for tight fits and leaks pick it up and pull in and out on the tires should be no movement diesels are much better
our newest skid has almost 2000 hours. We routinly run them to 5000-6000 and have gone as high as 10000 before engine work. Usually around 4000 hyd lines will start to leak like others said check for tight pins or if any thing seems tweaked

Latest posts