High flow direction

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sam-tip

Does the aux high flow go in forward and reverse at a increased rate. Or is the reverse just standard flow. I timed my high flow toolcat in it was faster with high flow in both directions. Wondering on A770 (A300) if it would be faster in both directions or just one. The second pump is put through a tee on one of the aux lines. Doug

Bobcatdan

I don't know. High flow is for continuous flow which is normally one way like on a concrete planner. It is normally not use for single action attachments.

SkidRoe

For example high flow auger.
Augers are typically normal flow, you don't want to drive them to fast, and reverse is important. Hi flow is more for asphalt grinders (like Dan said), snowblowers, brush cutters, etc. Anything that would benefit from more power, but drives at relatively high speeds.

lesgawlik

Augers are typically normal flow, you don't want to drive them to fast, and reverse is important. Hi flow is more for asphalt grinders (like Dan said), snowblowers, brush cutters, etc. Anything that would benefit from more power, but drives at relatively high speeds.
Does anyone have experience running a high flow attachment on a standard flow machine? I know it won't work as well, my question is whether it will work at all. There is a wood chipper for sale, and I know it's rated for high flow. It's too far for me to take my machine to test it out. I could ask the seller to hook it up to one of his other standard flow machine, but I'm not sure what that would tell me. I'm willing to take less performance, and slower operation. It's enough money that I wouldn't want to buy it, find out it doesn't work at all and then have to sell it. It seems there are few skid mounter chippers. They are all for 3 point hitches. I even found a three point hitch adapter that came with an optional hydraulic motor, but this seems a long way to go for a chipper.

OP
OP
S

sam-tip

Does anyone have experience running a high flow attachment on a standard flow machine? I know it won't work as well, my question is whether it will work at all. There is a wood chipper for sale, and I know it's rated for high flow. It's too far for me to take my machine to test it out. I could ask the seller to hook it up to one of his other standard flow machine, but I'm not sure what that would tell me. I'm willing to take less performance, and slower operation. It's enough money that I wouldn't want to buy it, find out it doesn't work at all and then have to sell it. It seems there are few skid mounter chippers. They are all for 3 point hitches. I even found a three point hitch adapter that came with an optional hydraulic motor, but this seems a long way to go for a chipper.
I have high flow wood chipper. Got it cheap. I run it on high flow toolcat rated at 27 gpm. It works but best on smaller stuff. Plus let it build up speed before putting in another branch. I don't think it will run without high flow machine. It automaticly turns set high flow when plugging in the 7 pin connector.