Hi torque starter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Why are you looking for a high torque starter? the ones that come with the machine are pretty powerful.

OP
OP

88vmx12

Why are you looking for a high torque starter? the ones that come with the machine are pretty powerful.
My machine has always had a hard time starting. It needs to spin just a bit faster when starting it. It is a pain in the winter time for sure. It becomes a seasonal machine because of it

Tazza

Staff member
My machine has always had a hard time starting. It needs to spin just a bit faster when starting it. It is a pain in the winter time for sure. It becomes a seasonal machine because of it
Have you asked teh dealer about it? The starter i bought a good 8 years ago was an upgraded version, so it may have been high torque, i really don't know. It's worth a try i guess.
Mine looked like this:
http://atl001.en.made-in-china.com/...arter-Motor-for-Delco-Bobcat-Lester-6576.html
12V-2-9kw-28mt-Starter-Motor-for-Delco-Bobcat-Lester-6576.jpg

OP
OP

88vmx12

Have you asked teh dealer about it? The starter i bought a good 8 years ago was an upgraded version, so it may have been high torque, i really don't know. It's worth a try i guess.
Mine looked like this:
http://atl001.en.made-in-china.com/product/sbKJUAtOCMYe/China-12V-2-9kw-28mt-Starter-Motor-for-Delco-Bobcat-Lester-6576.html
I have called my local dealer and they were no help what so ever. What I got was.... "Well gees I don't know" with a dur, duh tone in their voice. I have also called a few other places and they are all clueless. Perhaps I should call bobcat direct and see if I get anywhere that way?

Tazza

Staff member
I have called my local dealer and they were no help what so ever. What I got was.... "Well gees I don't know" with a dur, duh tone in their voice. I have also called a few other places and they are all clueless. Perhaps I should call bobcat direct and see if I get anywhere that way?
I guess most of the spare parts people only know what they see on the screen, i wonder if someone in service will know any better than spare parts? Talk to the people that actually do the work, not the ones that order the parts out of a cataloge.
If your dealer is close, possibly a visit may get you some better results?