help with 632 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PO3.632

I just replaced both drive motors. and it still will not move. the arms move and bucket move. I dont think the pump that runs drive motor is getting any pressure.

SkidRoe

Does it make any effort at all to move when you cycle the sticks? How was it working prior to the episode that lead you to changing the motors? Did it suddenly not work, or was it did it slowly get worse over time?

Tazza

Staff member
Does it make any effort at all to move when you cycle the sticks? How was it working prior to the episode that lead you to changing the motors? Did it suddenly not work, or was it did it slowly get worse over time?
With the cab up or off as i think this machine needs, look at the hydraulic pump. There should be a square block on the hydraulic pump. Left side there should be 3 hoses, behind the fitting of the middle one should be a filter. Remove it and clean or replace it. They get plugged up and the machine will refuse to move, it makes a lot of noise but has no power.
If that doesn't work, it sounds like your pump may be worn. All parts are available and at a reasonable price too.

OP
OP
P

PO3.632

With the cab up or off as i think this machine needs, look at the hydraulic pump. There should be a square block on the hydraulic pump. Left side there should be 3 hoses, behind the fitting of the middle one should be a filter. Remove it and clean or replace it. They get plugged up and the machine will refuse to move, it makes a lot of noise but has no power.
If that doesn't work, it sounds like your pump may be worn. All parts are available and at a reasonable price too.
yes its any older 632 with the block on it. I had a gut feeling it was the problem. so I took off those three hose. the middle one did have a brass filter was stuck to the inside of the block. had some rust on it so order new one. and another hose line had a spring that was stuck. I took off the big knut on the block and oil came running out. so I think that filter is ok. thanks for the help guys. will find out monday or tuesday if she moves.

OP
OP
P

PO3.632

yes its any older 632 with the block on it. I had a gut feeling it was the problem. so I took off those three hose. the middle one did have a brass filter was stuck to the inside of the block. had some rust on it so order new one. and another hose line had a spring that was stuck. I took off the big knut on the block and oil came running out. so I think that filter is ok. thanks for the help guys. will find out monday or tuesday if she moves.
ok finally got the filter. parts guy here is lame. anyways put in brass filter works great . only problem the the left and right r back words. i spent hole day changing hose around on pump and never could get the right to go right (goes left) on the pump does anyone have a pic or know how the hose go??????

Tazza

Staff member
ok finally got the filter. parts guy here is lame. anyways put in brass filter works great . only problem the the left and right r back words. i spent hole day changing hose around on pump and never could get the right to go right (goes left) on the pump does anyone have a pic or know how the hose go??????
What other hoses did you remove? If it was just the three on the port block, it shouldn't have changed anything.....
You need a parts manual, or at least a print out of the drive part. If you call your dealer, tell them you are after a hose and would like a diagram to work out what one you need. They should e-mail or fax a parts break down to you

SkidRoe

Sounds like the hoses are reversed on your motors.
Could you have done that when you changed out your drive motors?
Or do your new drive motors have the ports in a different orientation than the originals?
HTH

OP
OP
P

PO3.632

Sounds like the hoses are reversed on your motors.
Could you have done that when you changed out your drive motors?
Or do your new drive motors have the ports in a different orientation than the originals?
HTH
everything is hooked up the same. how do I add pics? can show u what looks like.

SkidRoe

everything is hooked up the same. how do I add pics? can show u what looks like.
Check in the user questions section, there is a post there that explains it. A few pointers: 1) Using IE gives the best results, 2) Go to your profile page and put a check mark in the lowest most check box to enable the HTML editor setting, 3) Your pictures need to be hosted at a third party photo sharing website, like Photobucket. HTH -