Help/advice with removing aux gear pump on my 773G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Muzzy24

Hey guys I am new to this forum and to owning a skid steer. I have a 2000 bobcat 773G turbo. I have a leak coming from my auxiliary gear pump and where it bolts to the tandem pump. I believe it is just the O ring there. My biggest problem is trying to get that rear bolt off of the gear pump. Is there a easy way or special way to get at it?? I was at it for 4hours yesterday and I cant seem to get it. I can just get a wrench on it but when I do I cant get it to break free. Any help would be great!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly I have no easy fix for you. With the bolt out, does it look like you will have enough room to get it to clear the frame? The stub on the pump is pretty short, only about 3/4"
I know on machines I have worked on, I had to take the engine/pump out to gain access to the hydraulic pump. A few engine mounts, and 5-6 hoses, and it's out.

7LBSSMALLIE

Sadly I have no easy fix for you. With the bolt out, does it look like you will have enough room to get it to clear the frame? The stub on the pump is pretty short, only about 3/4"
I know on machines I have worked on, I had to take the engine/pump out to gain access to the hydraulic pump. A few engine mounts, and 5-6 hoses, and it's out.
leak between. gear pump and. hydrosatis pump.? replace o ring. if works great. but do take note of the hydrostatic .pump mount bolt. which is more than likely the root. cause.