Help, 720 bogs down, misses and stalls when warm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

plasmid6

My 720 misses, bogs down and stalls after it gets warm/hot It's been in the local bobcat shop for 6 weeks, they have replaced/tried numerous items and finally admitted they have no idea what is wrong with it. They have done the following: replaced the fuel filter cleaned the air filter new distributor cap and rotor I believe new points and condenser placed spacer valves under the carb adjusted the timing new ignition coil I'm at a loss as are they.....any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
The only ignition things that you haven't mentioned is leads and plugs
Possibl fuel pump, fuel line routing could be an issue? if it gets too hot, it could cause a vapor lock, that would make it run rough. Even a dirty carb

flyerdan

Possibl fuel pump, fuel line routing could be an issue? if it gets too hot, it could cause a vapor lock, that would make it run rough. Even a dirty carb
These are very sensitive to fuel pressure, if it gets more than 2.5-3 psi it will flood. Common problem when electric pumps are subbed in.
It could also be that the choke isn't opening all the way or the governor is out of adjustment.

OP
OP
P

plasmid6

plugs were replaced, I forgot to put that in.....don't think they replaced the leads