Heater core

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nobull1

Just wondering how to get to the heater core on a Bobcat 763f heater assembly? I think mine has a leak as it appears to have a antifreeze smell from the blower/fan. Also wondering if there is anything other than a Bobcat replacement, if one is needed.

Land-Tech

nobull1
You can go to a local radiator shop or parts store and they should have books with outside demensions and maybe match to the one you have. I made a home made heater for a Mustang using core out of a ford pick-up and a blower fan from an old flat bed. Plumbed it into existing factory inlet and outlet. I had it mounted to the center hump between the foot pedals It picked up air from the floor and directed to bottom door, very toasty. Outside dem was no bigger than eight or nine inches on any side. This set up would be too big to use anywhere else in the cab.When summer came it was simple to take out and store until winter.
Hope it's just a loose fitting clamp

thetool

The core is in the box next to the seat. Remove the seat. Sheet metal screws for the cover, open the box and there's your core. A radiator shop might be able to repair your core if a new one is too pricey. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

The core is in the box next to the seat. Remove the seat. Sheet metal screws for the cover, open the box and there's your core. A radiator shop might be able to repair your core if a new one is too pricey. Hope this helps.
I just left the heater core alone and kept an eye open for antifreeze disappearing. If I am losing any fluid, it isn't much and the smell is minimal, if at all. Might have been a little fluid on the motor giving me the smell. For now it is not an issue though

Tazza

Staff member
I just left the heater core alone and kept an eye open for antifreeze disappearing. If I am losing any fluid, it isn't much and the smell is minimal, if at all. Might have been a little fluid on the motor giving me the smell. For now it is not an issue though
Have you tried any sealant? like "seal up" that you add to your cooling system? it finds the leaks and when it leaks out it plugs the hole up. Works pretty well on small leaks.

Latest posts