HB980 breaker

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kelly

Does anyone know who builds the HB980 breaker for Bobcat? I'm looking for a couple seals but don't need the entire seal kit. Bobcat can only sell me the entire kit.

Fishfiles

That hammer was a Tramax , I think the BRP or BRH-9598 is the same , becareful as there was a problem with some of the Bobcat complete seal kits for that hammer , where they were missing orings from the kit and there were no part numbers next to the reference number on the part break down so they couldn't get them , a Tramax dealer was able get and sell indivual parts , what I would do is get a fax of the Bobcat/ Ingersol Ryan 980 and the Tramax and compare the two , and call A T @ 1800-447-1053 and ask them , they are a Tramax dealer --other opition is take the old seals if in good enough shape to match up to a hydraulic supply company

OP
OP
K

Kelly

That hammer was a Tramax , I think the BRP or BRH-9598 is the same , becareful as there was a problem with some of the Bobcat complete seal kits for that hammer , where they were missing orings from the kit and there were no part numbers next to the reference number on the part break down so they couldn't get them , a Tramax dealer was able get and sell indivual parts , what I would do is get a fax of the Bobcat/ Ingersol Ryan 980 and the Tramax and compare the two , and call A T @ 1800-447-1053 and ask them , they are a Tramax dealer --other opition is take the old seals if in good enough shape to match up to a hydraulic supply company
Thanks Fish, I called John at Construction Tool Parts. He told me about the Tramac deal and got me the part number for the o-ring that is missing from my kit. I called my sister dealership that is a Tramac dealer to find out the o-ring in question is $30 something dollars each. I need 8 of them. This sucks.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Fish, I called John at Construction Tool Parts. He told me about the Tramac deal and got me the part number for the o-ring that is missing from my kit. I called my sister dealership that is a Tramac dealer to find out the o-ring in question is $30 something dollars each. I need 8 of them. This sucks.
$30 each are you kidding me? take your old one to your local seal shop see if they can match it. Surly you can get it cheaper....

Fishfiles

$30 each are you kidding me? take your old one to your local seal shop see if they can match it. Surly you can get it cheaper....
John at Construction Tool is very nice and really knows his stuff , CPT don't do Tramax , I bull shooted with John day before yesterday , I am surprized he didn't tell you about A T , I'd also Dave with Midco Sling