Has anyone made attach brackets for a backhoe?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bfingar

Hey Tazza I suggest that you make sure that you make the strong enough. I have a 709 with the newer type brackets. They take all the stress/pressure from your backhoe when you use it. I've seen the factory brackets like your making all bent up. I do alot of custom work with mine. It does a good job, lot's of power. dennis
Tazza:
Just FYI, it is hard to see in the pictures I posted in the homemade section, but I welded a piece of 3/8" thick steel plate under the 3" square tube (what the receivers are mounted to) to keep the end of the angle under the receiver from being bent. I am also planning on putting a piece of steel plate on the end of the angle that supports the tow ball to help strengthen the end of the angle directly under the tow ball on the bracket that mounts on the bobcat. I hope this will keep the brackets from bending under pressure as well.
A little overkill is usually required.
Bernie

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza:
Just FYI, it is hard to see in the pictures I posted in the homemade section, but I welded a piece of 3/8" thick steel plate under the 3" square tube (what the receivers are mounted to) to keep the end of the angle under the receiver from being bent. I am also planning on putting a piece of steel plate on the end of the angle that supports the tow ball to help strengthen the end of the angle directly under the tow ball on the bracket that mounts on the bobcat. I hope this will keep the brackets from bending under pressure as well.
A little overkill is usually required.
Bernie
I have a length of old angle iron. Its i think 3" by 8mm or so, it should be pretty tough. I used a bit of it as a main support on a 4 in 1 bucket and it doesn't budge.
If i see it bend anywhere, which on something this size i doubt i will add a few supports. Its not going to be used commercially, its just a toy for around the yard.
Thanks for the advice

pro70z28

I have a length of old angle iron. Its i think 3" by 8mm or so, it should be pretty tough. I used a bit of it as a main support on a 4 in 1 bucket and it doesn't budge.
If i see it bend anywhere, which on something this size i doubt i will add a few supports. Its not going to be used commercially, its just a toy for around the yard.
Thanks for the advice
I built a backhoe attachment for my MT50. I built the bucket out of 3/16'' plate. I then make an attachment for the bucket that picks up sign posts and sets them in the hole. I used the post setter yesterday for the first time. It was as easy as planting toothpicks. We used to put these in by hand. This is soooo much nicer.

pro70z28

I built a backhoe attachment for my MT50. I built the bucket out of 3/16'' plate. I then make an attachment for the bucket that picks up sign posts and sets them in the hole. I used the post setter yesterday for the first time. It was as easy as planting toothpicks. We used to put these in by hand. This is soooo much nicer.
free image hosting Sometimes these pics. work, sometimes not.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
One more of the backhoe in use.
Thats pretty clever. Now i will need to make one to fit to my back hoe attachment.
As for my orignal post about the brackets, i finally got off my butt and started to make a set. I just need to cut a bit out to allow access to the ROPS bolts. Then i just need to re-seal the rams in the hoe.... then do the pins... then make a a few buckets... then...... But at least i am making a start!

vortechx

I am in the process of modifying a Ditch Witch backhoe attachment to fit on my Bobcat. I just finished fabricating the upper stabilizer link using 2" tow balls. The tow balls work out quite well. If anyone is interested in some pictures, please e-mail me and put "Backhoe Pictures" in the subject of the e-mail so I know it is not junk mail.
Thanks
Bernie
Hey Bernie I just purchased a Ditch Witch Backhoe Attachment at an auction.I want to attach it to my 763 Bobcat. Do you have any information and photos of yours? Thanks