Harley Rake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lawnsrusinc.

I am looking for a good attachment to use to leavel and grade lawns. I am using a 1991 743 Bobcat any opinions or insight on this topic Happy to be new on the forum Thanks Jason

864wood

I would suggest either the Land Plane or the Soil Conditioner. If you go to the bobcat website you can download attachments for the attachments. The soil conditioner is cool and works well. I personally use if to tear up sod and do a basic minimal till job. The land plane looks interesting but I cannot speak from experience as I have yet to use one. Good luck and welcome to the site.

xtr3me_03

Jason... I am entertaining the thought of purchasing a Harley Rake. I read your post and was wondering what attachment you decided to go with and why... I have been bouncing back and forth between either a Rockhound or Harley rake... I tend to think the Harley would be more useful, although they look as if they would compliment each other..I would like to have them both...In a perfect world... Any thoughts, anyone?

TriHonu

Jason... I am entertaining the thought of purchasing a Harley Rake. I read your post and was wondering what attachment you decided to go with and why... I have been bouncing back and forth between either a Rockhound or Harley rake... I tend to think the Harley would be more useful, although they look as if they would compliment each other..I would like to have them both...In a perfect world... Any thoughts, anyone?
Have a look at THIS thread. A couple links are broken and FFC is now part of Paladin Brands.
The Preparator Manual is now available HERE.
The Rock Hound Manual is now available HERE.

skidsteer.ca

Have a look at THIS thread. A couple links are broken and FFC is now part of Paladin Brands.
The Preparator Manual is now available HERE.
The Rock Hound Manual is now available HERE.
The landplane works well if you have gravel sand or loam soil, in our clay not so much, it is better then a bucket for peeling sod and shaping virgin soil because it is twice as long, in loam and sand it can be used to sift debris out and break clumps.
The soil conditioner excells in most soil types. It keeps kicking the clumps in front of it until they break to fines, grinds off high spots and deposits the material in low spots. It can also be used to windrow debris likes roots and stones. Though big stones stuck in the ground are vary hard on the teeth. I like to roto till first and find the debris if i think the ground has stone in it.
ken

Heater77

The landplane works well if you have gravel sand or loam soil, in our clay not so much, it is better then a bucket for peeling sod and shaping virgin soil because it is twice as long, in loam and sand it can be used to sift debris out and break clumps.
The soil conditioner excells in most soil types. It keeps kicking the clumps in front of it until they break to fines, grinds off high spots and deposits the material in low spots. It can also be used to windrow debris likes roots and stones. Though big stones stuck in the ground are vary hard on the teeth. I like to roto till first and find the debris if i think the ground has stone in it.
ken
We're a dealer for Nortec out of Wisconsin. If you're stateside call Dennis and he'll sell you one of his Piranha Soil Processors for hundreds less thjan a Harley Rake. In Canada, call me Toll Free at 1-877-947-2882 for a quote. Regards, Thomas

Iowa Dave

Harley rakes are heavy. A 743 couldn't unload one off a trailer. I used to have to use a 753G on a Bobcat soil conditioner, and we had to use a larger machine to pick it up off the trailer. The 753G could "push it around" but not lift it high enough to load/unload. Isn't a 743 smaller than a 753? I am unfamiliar with the earlier machines, but we had counterweights on our 753 and it still was too small. A landscape rake would be totally out of the question, as you have to pick them up pretty high to dump out the junk you collect. If you had enough machine, I would suggest the harley rake/soil conditioner for what you are doing-they work GREAT. But your machine is too small.

Latest posts