Hand vs foot controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

OK, stupid question here. I have a T180 with SJC controls, no foot pedals. I have used an S250 with foot controls (direct link to hydraulics) for lift/tilt and the same style hand controls that I have on my 1995 751: fwd/back moves the machine, direct link to hydraulics. The thumb controls work the aux hydraulics on the latter two machines. What is the latter arrangement called? ACS? I am looking to buy an S220 or S250 (or an 800 series), but I want the simpler controls with no electronics, just straight connections to the hydraulics, hand and foot. I've seen descriptions that say "hand and foot controls." Is there a combination other than what I've described above that this is referring to? Many tnx. :) ---RC

Fishfiles

3 different configuations , JSC = joystick controlls , no foot pedals at all = junk ------AHC = Advanced Hand Controll , button on dash can switch from foot to hand controll of bucket and boom = junk also -------standard controlls = foot for bucket and boom

primebeef

3 different configuations , JSC = joystick controlls , no foot pedals at all = junk ------AHC = Advanced Hand Controll , button on dash can switch from foot to hand controll of bucket and boom = junk also -------standard controlls = foot for bucket and boom
Yep what he said. Foot controls are the only thing I'd ever have

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

Yep what he said. Foot controls are the only thing I'd ever have
Tnx much for the info. Fishfiles, I might offer that as long as the SJC controls work, they're fine. It's just that when they quit, the machine may not move on its own, and it's time for a trip to the Bobcat store and the bank. I don't really like the way the SJC controls work the hydraulics. They have a built-in delay, which keeps some stress off the hydraulics, but they also can be termed "sluggish", as the computer decides when to actuate the valve after you've signaled it to move. Fwd/back are the worst. Lift and tilt are not quite so bad. But you can't flip dirt with the bucket. :) ---RC

Fishfiles

Tnx much for the info. Fishfiles, I might offer that as long as the SJC controls work, they're fine. It's just that when they quit, the machine may not move on its own, and it's time for a trip to the Bobcat store and the bank. I don't really like the way the SJC controls work the hydraulics. They have a built-in delay, which keeps some stress off the hydraulics, but they also can be termed "sluggish", as the computer decides when to actuate the valve after you've signaled it to move. Fwd/back are the worst. Lift and tilt are not quite so bad. But you can't flip dirt with the bucket. :) ---RC
I'll agree with that , when the JSC machine is working everything is fine and your making money -----------it is when they break down when the chit hit the fan , downtime burning you and you burning money ------it seems to me that some machines go a long time without malfuntioning and some are pure lemons and are always broke with one thing after another