Grapple Bucket Project

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dozer

I am in the planning phase of building a grapple bucket. I have made a bucket before but with the grapple I need a little bit of help. I would like to go with dual independent grapples but need to know what valve I need so that each grapple can go down by itself. Most of the OEM grapples I have looked at have both cylinders hoses running to a block and then two hoses running to the machine.
I assume this is some sort of check valve or divider valve. Does anyone know exactly what that valve is and if so can I get a link to one that will work. Either surplus center, ebay something like that.
thanks,
Dozer

Kermode

You don't need a special valve. Just run a separate cylinder on each grapple and tee them into the one line to the aux hydraulics. The grapple with the least resistance will close first. If you want to independently operate each grapple then you need two hyd circuits.

jklingel

You don't need a special valve. Just run a separate cylinder on each grapple and tee them into the one line to the aux hydraulics. The grapple with the least resistance will close first. If you want to independently operate each grapple then you need two hyd circuits.
Dozer: did you ever get this project under way? I am planning the same, and would like to know what you have learned about all this. If you could, drop me a line at [email protected], or post a note(s) here. Thanks. john

OP
OP
dozer

dozer

Dozer: did you ever get this project under way? I am planning the same, and would like to know what you have learned about all this. If you could, drop me a line at [email protected], or post a note(s) here. Thanks. john
I actually had purchased the steel about 6 months ago. Soon after which I got a new job and the skidsteer playing went on hold. In the meantime I came across a industrial grapple bucket a neighbor had. I asked him what he wanted and he said $1000 and I purchased it that day. The steel is now on its way to I am thinking a snow pusher or possibly a snow bucket.
Who knows. When you have steel and hydraulic cylinders the possibilities are endless.
But to answer your question for now the grapple bucket project is back burner. I would still like to build a root grapple bucket but I will need more 1/2" Steel before that project gets underway.
Dozer