Grapple bucket or root rake?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

woodhick

Thinking of buying a grapple bucket to help clear and stack brush for burning. For sure looking at one with an open or slotted bottom to allow dirt to fall through but see the root rake grapples. Any of you running one of these for cleaning up brush? Which is best? Thanks woodhick

mahans7

I'm also looking for a grapple attachment and there are lots of options. If you're mostly clearing brush a root grapple will probably work best and you can even run it a few inches into the ground and clear brush/roots/etc and not pick up a bunch of dirt or rocks. Prices vary from $800 to over $5K depending on tine thickness, width and weight of the grapple, and whether you want 1 or 2 cylinders. Any idea on the specifics of what you're kooking for?

Jock.

I'm also looking for a grapple attachment and there are lots of options. If you're mostly clearing brush a root grapple will probably work best and you can even run it a few inches into the ground and clear brush/roots/etc and not pick up a bunch of dirt or rocks. Prices vary from $800 to over $5K depending on tine thickness, width and weight of the grapple, and whether you want 1 or 2 cylinders. Any idea on the specifics of what you're kooking for?
I bought a stick rake off a D4 and welded the attachment bracket to that.

I works really well.

lonewolf

Bought a Bobcat root grapple this past summer. Have used it a lot, it has two cylinders, got it used from a Bobcat dealer. Would not be without it. Have used it to stack brush and move logs and it works very well. The heavier the tines are and it is built the better it is. There are cheaper ones out there online but will not hold up if you use it to push with also. You get what you pay for. I have used it for a lot of pushing fencerows and small trees and it has worked well.