Got 743 stuck :-(

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marko13

So I got a little close to a soft edge and when I try to go forward I slide to the right. Got to let the dirt dry out a little more, that was my first mistake, but wondering if I'm going to be able to hook up truck up with some chains and pull it Forward. There's no way to take it out of gear right? Any tips? I tried to pull it forward with the bucket some but didn't quite get that down either.
20230526_093759_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20230526_093711_HDR.jpg
    20230526_093711_HDR.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 52

cdmccul

Got someone that can help? Hook a chain to it to drag out of mud while someone is pushing the sticks the right direction.

You can also hook chains to the side to just keep it from going farther down into the muck, and the climbing out with the skidder power.

brdgbldr

It's probably sitting on the chain case. Since there is no suspension a lot of the weight is no longer on the tires (high centered) and so no traction. I had this happen with my 742B with over the tire steel tracks in the snow. The tracks would just spin. Luckily I had a neighbor drive by with his skid steer, and he was able to push me off the snow.

You could try to dig out the chain case and that might give you the traction you need. You may want to dig it out before towing also to make sure you are not on a boulder or something that could damage the chain case.

If you can hook up a tow vehicle and also have someone driving the skid steer, it will probably come right out.

OP
OP
M

marko13

yay, the dirt dried out, I shoveled clear the chain case, jacked it up and put board under the low wheel and drove it right out :cool:

brdgbldr

yay, the dirt dried out, I shoveled clear the chain case, jacked it up and put board under the low wheel and drove it right out :cool:
Glad you got it out.

It's alway those first moments after you get stuck that seem to be the worst.

BG Scapes

Was pretty soupy here too . hate getting stuck !

Attachments

• IMG_20230414_101900_01.jpg
    IMG_20230414_101900_01.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 62

Jyuma1

I once had an old-timer tell me you should never own just one piece of heavy equipment. When it gets stuck, and it will, you have no way of getting it out.

Latest posts