Good or Bad News???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DslDan

Ok seems I've developed a creeping drive on the right side of my 753H its also slower on that side too. is this bad news or something simple? thanks for any help

skidsteer.ca

Its a common, minor adjustment, although one that can sometimes be a pita to get right.
The cams (located on top of the hydrostat) that hold the steering lever in neutral wear slowly and eventually they hold the steering lever in some position other then neutral. Somrtime you can simply adjust the stop blocks, other times you need to flip the blocks over as they have a groove worn in them that affects proper centering of the steering levers. Or if the vlocks are worn to bad you may need new blocks, and the nylon slides that hold the plate on top of the hydrostat. To really understand everything thats going on a copy of the service manual is almost a must.

Ken

OP
OP
D

DslDan

Its a common, minor adjustment, although one that can sometimes be a pita to get right.
The cams (located on top of the hydrostat) that hold the steering lever in neutral wear slowly and eventually they hold the steering lever in some position other then neutral. Somrtime you can simply adjust the stop blocks, other times you need to flip the blocks over as they have a groove worn in them that affects proper centering of the steering levers. Or if the vlocks are worn to bad you may need new blocks, and the nylon slides that hold the plate on top of the hydrostat. To really understand everything thats going on a copy of the service manual is almost a must.

Ken
Ken, thank you for the response.....I've been waiting for a manual to be sent to me for the past 3 weeks. I will take a look at it tommorow. Is it kinda self explanitory? I'm above averge when it comes to mechanical ability. Is it where the control levers meet the hydrostat in the back of the hydro compartment/belly area?

skidsteer.ca

Ken, thank you for the response.....I've been waiting for a manual to be sent to me for the past 3 weeks. I will take a look at it tommorow. Is it kinda self explanitory? I'm above averge when it comes to mechanical ability. Is it where the control levers meet the hydrostat in the back of the hydro compartment/belly area?
Yes there is a "T" shaped arm that the steering lever attaches to at the hydro pump end. If you move it forward it pushes against one cam and pulls away from the otherand the oposite for reverse. Also there is one T for each side of the machine.
Put the machine on blocks so the wheels can turn without it running away then start it a release the park brake. Lift the cab. Both sides are free to turn as they wish at this point.
Move the steering lever to the point that stops the wheel motion. Observe which stop block the cam is against, the opposite one will need to be lossened and move into contact with the T to hold the lever in the position where the wheels are stationary. A 9/16" wrench fits the bolt securing the stop block.
This is a quick fix version, when you get you manual you will see there are many other details to consider.
Ken

Latest posts