getting a 252b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shlashdot

Hey, I have bought a 252b '07 211 hours. new tooth bucket, forks, 6way blade. should have it in a few days after they add the dozer controls. It's a pretty basic machine, rops, 1 speed, no quikattach. But then it's just for my little homestead. price was $28,500US, not including forks or 6way, but including an additional one year powertrain warranty from CAT. Plus he gave a pretty good deal on the blade. He thought there would still be some original warranty on it as well. I'll try to post how it works out. . . . . . . Anyone use the rear weight for general use? kind of wish they had an easy on/off weight kit like JD or NH. Still don't know if I'll want weight or not. . . . . . . . how do you add line breaks in a post btw? . . . . . . . bug with firefox or just with the preview? . . . . . . . Eric

mllud

Eric; Nice skidsteer. I think you go to your[ Profile] and check the box at the very bottom that says to Use HTML Editor. I dont know about the Firefox thing. It could be a problem. If you go to the [User Question] Forum there is some discussion on problems like this. Mike

OP
OP
shlashdot

shlashdot

I finally got it the other day, and I'm very pleased with it. Don't feel the weight will be necessary, and would only make it less stable going uphill. They threw in some OTT tracks that were originally on it. It was a trade in and apparently not too many folks use those around here, since it's not very muddy here. They were going to scrap them. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make the tracks good for snow? Like welding some little grousers on them or cutting and bending some little teeth down? With the price of chains I might try something... Eric

mllud

I finally got it the other day, and I'm very pleased with it. Don't feel the weight will be necessary, and would only make it less stable going uphill. They threw in some OTT tracks that were originally on it. It was a trade in and apparently not too many folks use those around here, since it's not very muddy here. They were going to scrap them. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make the tracks good for snow? Like welding some little grousers on them or cutting and bending some little teeth down? With the price of chains I might try something... Eric
Eric I have a set of Loegering tracks that do OK in the snow.The grousers are wide and pack with snow a little. Traction is good.You have to be careful on slopes not too get sidways. I started doing a little sideways sledding once.
From reading on the Forum I guess some brands pack with snow and Ice worst than others.If you indicate what brand you have someone may let you know how they do. Im not sure welding anything on would help.
You said they were going to scrap them because you dont have much mud there. Tracks are a great asset for a lot of uses other than mud. The traction for digging is greatly improved. They also give more stability on slopes.The negative is they tear up grass
Mike

OP
OP
shlashdot

shlashdot

Eric I have a set of Loegering tracks that do OK in the snow.The grousers are wide and pack with snow a little. Traction is good.You have to be careful on slopes not too get sidways. I started doing a little sideways sledding once.
From reading on the Forum I guess some brands pack with snow and Ice worst than others.If you indicate what brand you have someone may let you know how they do. Im not sure welding anything on would help.
You said they were going to scrap them because you dont have much mud there. Tracks are a great asset for a lot of uses other than mud. The traction for digging is greatly improved. They also give more stability on slopes.The negative is they tear up grass
Mike
they have "Tracks Plus" stamped on them. They are the smooth sheet metal type. I bet I will find a use for them, but they look pretty useless for snow as is. Thanks for the ideas on getting some use out of them.

skidsteer.ca

they have "Tracks Plus" stamped on them. They are the smooth sheet metal type. I bet I will find a use for them, but they look pretty useless for snow as is. Thanks for the ideas on getting some use out of them.
I sell and use Tracks Plus. If you have wet sticky snow in your area you won't make it 100 ft in the wet snow. It packs as ice balls inside the track shoes until the tracks are so tight they can't turn or will break the machine if you continue to force the machine.
For dry snow they will be fine, but do tend to slip sideway and you must avoid side slopes.You could weld some small bumps on the corners of the pad to reduce the problem. For something like brush mowing on rougher terrain I find them a benifit in the winter. But for general use in the winter I prefer tire chains on the rear tires.
For any type of dirt work in the summer they increase traction on dry or wet surfaces and protect your tires, reducing wear I leave them on for all but concrete of asphalt work. They do make the machine a bit rough to ride in.
Ken

eddieboy

Mine is working great on my Mac and Firefox. I need help finding out the difference between the backhoe attachments. BH30W and BH30 or the BH160 and the BH150. I need one for my 252B series 2.