Gehl 2500 hydrostat problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hydracat

I completely striped down, repainted, new engine, new hyd pump, new hyd cylinders new hoses suction lines etc...everything new! I'm getting tons of air bubbles in the hydraulic oil so much that after a few minutes of operation its bubbling out of the fill spout. I'm wondering if this is a bad pump/seal in the hydrostat? All suction lines are tight and I've. Triple checked all connections. Are these pumps hard to rebuild? Where can I get parts if this is my problem? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
Have you tried running it and letting it sit for a while to let the air settle out? I found when i pulled mine down, if i ran it for a few minutes and left it sit over night and repeat for a few days it got all the air out. Not sure if yours will be the same or not though.

OP
OP
H

hydracat

Have you tried running it and letting it sit for a while to let the air settle out? I found when i pulled mine down, if i ran it for a few minutes and left it sit over night and repeat for a few days it got all the air out. Not sure if yours will be the same or not though.
ill try that...its easier than taking that hydro trans out again!

Sound like you have something backwards.The pumps on the hydros ever been off. I had one that rebuilt and they put the pump on backward.